Messages from guests not visible

Suzy176
Level 1
Dorchester, United Kingdom

Messages from guests not visible

Hi!

I received two separate bookings today and on the Airbnb app and on the website, the message from the guest wasn’t visible.

When I get an email saying I have a new booking, the message is there.

How do I see the string of messages? Are they hidden until they’ve been “analysed or moderated “?

Thanks for any help.

Suzy

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Suzy176, this looks unusual. Were you able to see the messages? Did you contact the support team to get their advice?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Suzy176
Level 1
Dorchester, United Kingdom

Hi Paula,

I was told that:

'it would appear that the messages are not visible in your inbox due the new moderated messages policy. I noticed that what both messages from the guests have in common is that they mentioned locations. For example, Jono mentioned the Jurassic coast and Wendy mentioned travelling down to Came House from Sussex. Based off my checks, the messages may have been removed because they mentioned locations in the details.'

So all I can do, it seems, is keep a close check on my personal email, where I can see the original messages.

I can understand the messages being blocked if I type a phone number or a web link (though occasionally guests ask for taxi firms' details prior to visiting and I don't like telling them to Goggle it!), but so many of my guests tell me where they're coming from or wishing to visit, so the 'new moderated messages policy' is pretty annoying!