Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Minimum stays changing without approval

Karen587
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Minimum stays changing without approval

We have a 2 night minimum stay on our bookings year round. Occasionally we might customize seasonal dates for 3 or 4 nights around long weekends but never 1 night stays.

This is the second time someone has managed to book a one night stay even though I did not customize a seasonal date change.

Has this happened to anyone else?

on this occasion I currently have a guest staying for 7 nights, checking out 29 Sep.

i had blocked dates 30 Sep-4 Oct (another booking but not Airbnb) so these dates were blocked out and 29 Sep was unbookable because can’t do 1 night

My booking 30 Sep - 04 Oct cancelled so I then clicked on all the dates 29 Sep - 4 Oct and changed them to open.

now I received a 1 night booking for 29 Sep

i checked custom trip in availability and it had 1 nt 29 Sep which I did not put in

My only thought is because it was ‘unbookable’ and I opened up this date it allowed min 1 night? 

has this happened to anyone else.

i never put a customized 1 night stay. Simply changed the night to ‘open’. 

it was only 29 Sep that had 1 night not 30 Sep - 04 Oct

airbnb are now trying to penalize me for this but can’t provide explanations of how this occurred and now it’s the 2nd time I’m positive it’s not me but how is it hapoening

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Karen587 😊

I am sorry about what happened to you!

@Shelley159  shared an interesting link with you. Did you have the chance to read it?

Have you solved this problem?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center