Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Multiple bookings combined into one payment

Louis2787
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Multiple bookings combined into one payment

A guest wants to book every slot from sunday to thursday for 4 months. is there a way to allow him to do this as one trip and one payment?

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Louis2787 No it is not possible. However if this is a good guest and you/they trust each other why not just take the booking privately? You could go halves on the Airbnb fees and you would still make more money. Legally once the first booking has expired Airbnb cannot dictate that future bookings are made through them as long as you don't arrange them on its site.

Hi Mike,

I like the idea, I could block the dates in advance and just work out with him for the rest of the payments. Thanks for your help.

In the meantime, I asked him to go book each trip and make several payments. Maybe he will kindly accept.

Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Louis2787 ,

It’s important to keep in mind that conducting private bookings outside the Airbnb platform is a violation of their terms of service, so I would advise against pursuing that option. If something goes wrong and the guest reports that you accepted payment off the platform, Airbnb will not be on your side anymore.

You can find more information here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2799

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Guy991 I think you need to be careful advising @Louis2787 . The help article you provided is out of date in Europe (certainly) and I suspect Canada as well. The words used to apply in the Airbnb Ts&Cs but they were changed after a European court case. I suspect this doesn't apply in the US/Canada as well because not allowing future bookings to be taken privately is a gross restraint of trade and makes no sense whatsoever. Imagine a situation where you fly on American Airlines and then they say that you have to take every future flight with them.

Hello @Mike-And-Jane0 

Thanks for softening your tone; it makes for a more pleasant conversation.

The link I shared is the Off-Platform Policy I see on the Airbnb website, and there's no indication that it's out of date or regional. If you have a different version, I’d appreciate you sharing it! If it hasn’t been updated, it probably should be.
I’ll also consider your advice once I have a different version than what I currently have.

Best, 
Guy

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Guy991 I just googled Airbnb terms and conditions and then read them. I can't attach the relevant words because they are not there. It would be interesting if you find them there (or in the USA terms. Sadly the lovely chap from Berlin who was up to speed with Airbnb court rulings got banned from the CC so he can't help us.