Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Need your help :) Can I change my availability settings for a future date?

Need your help :) Can I change my availability settings for a future date?

Hi everyone! Hoping you can help 🙂

Right now, I have quite a few bookings between today and Feb 15th. There are also quite a few gaps as you can image in this business 🙂

I would like to change my availability settings to a minimum of  30 days to go after a different kind of traveler. But if I do that now, then all of the gaps will of course not be filled because many are less than 30 days.

Is it possible to set a "start date" for that availability change? For example, starting on February 15th of next year type thing?

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Emily2378 

There are different ways to do this. I would say the easiest and most straightforward is to:

1) Change your minimum stay (the first field under the "Availability" tab in your calendar) to minimum 30 nights

2) Then, also under the availability tab, create a "custom trip length" for each of the unbooked gaps from now to February 2025. You can set a different minimum stay for each of these open stretches, depending on your preference.

Another way to go about it would be to use professional tools, but the above will work just as well. Once you receive 30-night bookings, there will most likely be gaps between the long bookings again, which you can fill in the same way (by setting custom trip lengths between bookings).

How kind of you Shelly159, thank you!!