Negative Review from verbally abusive and disrespectful guest

Lee4515
Level 2
A, Germany

Negative Review from verbally abusive and disrespectful guest

Just this week, we had a guest for two nights in our private home. Already before he came, he refused to give me an arrival time for in-person check-in after I declined to let his friend pick up the key instead of him. He then showed up and within 5 min. immediately insisted on doing laundry, or rather trying to get me to do it for him. On the second night, he came home from the European soccer match at 1:30 in the morning. I had fallen asleep on the couch, in the private area of our home, when he barged in and demanded that I give him something to eat. (Everything closes here in Bavaria). I politely let him know that he was crossing a boundary and he should remove himself from the space. He was standing in the doorway, blocking me, and he became indignant, and began berating me and being verbally abusive, and insisting that I give him something to eat. “What are you doing? You awful person! How do you not give someone something to eat?” I finally moved passed him and went upstairs to wake my husband. When we came down, he told my husband I was lying, was an awful woman, etc”. He called his friends and a car full of 4 or 5 men came in front of the house, and he stood in our doorway and, in spanish, continued to slander me to his friends, calling me “Puta” among other things. He finally went upstairs when we said we would call the police (now I realize I should have, but I have never called the police in my life). The next day he had not left by check out, and when we knocked on the door, the whole drama began again. He threatened to not give us the key, kept bad mouthing me to my husband, etc. We felt so unsafe and feared property damage and personal injury. The issue now is that he left me my first and only 1 star review, and Airbnb will not take it down. Though I have asked them to repeatedly. It is like they are not seeing the review together with his entirely entitled and inappropriate behavior, but are only considering his review in isolation. They keep writing me that his review does not violate their review policy, but it does violate the safety of hosts (as well as the other guests that were in the home at the time) if we cannot defend ourselves against such blatantly inappropriate and abusive behavior for fear of retaliatory reviews. We will be reporting the guest the police, but does anyone have any ideas what we can do to have Airbnb remove the review?

0 Replies 0