New To Hosting

New To Hosting

Hello! I’m new to hosting and am planning to put our current apartment on Airbnb (as we’ll be buying our first home and moving before the lease ends). Just wondering, how do you recommend we set up the apartment and the price for rental?

We have a 1-BD with a small den, does it make sense to add a second bed to the den so the apt can be shared by more people? (that den doesn’t have a door so it won’t have much privacy). Or would that den have more value if we set it up as a mini-office?

For context, our apartment is in a very safe & central area of a HCOL city in the US. Our building has amenities like a pool, hot tub, gym, etc. Our mgmt company is fine with the apts being rented on Airbnb, they just take a % on every booking.

Am I correct in assuming that Airbnb takes 15% off the top? Should I set a minimum number of days to be booked? What kind of traveler is usually looking for 7+ days?

Apologies for the flurry of questions. Any other advice for a newbie host would be much appreciated!

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have a look at the Airbnb Help website it has FAQS @Matteo1140 @on most aspects of managing your STR business on Airbnb

what facilities you need depends on who you've identified as your target guest.

do some market research with competitors to get an idea of how you prices'