No Breakfast?

No Breakfast?

First off yes I know hosts are under no obligation to provide breakfast. But I do think they should be. If you're going to be considered a b&b you should have to provide at least both b's. I'm not saying you have to go all out with a full breakfast buffet that would be nice. But at least maybe some pastries and orange juice. Just like I can't open a shoe store if I don't sell shoes there if it's going to be a bed and breakfast it should have to provide both.

45 Replies 45

@Mark116 Agree its generally accepted that guest who want breakfast would simply book a place with a kitchen area to prepare meals themselves. I'd like to see guest find a hotel that has a kitchen area. The worst guest for me don't bother to read the listing then complain about what's clearly stated and factored into the rates. Notice that @Christopher1295 profile only has an email and phone number.  I just found a two page list of suggestions from one guest, that would have doubled or tripled my nightly rates, and of course everything was already in the listing or personal messages they didn't bother to read. I just got a ton of bookings last night and wish I had declined one that said she was hoping to check in when their flight arrived. I'm always firm and upfront about any policy stated in the listing. So far its worked out but sometimes it can be frustrating when guest don't realize how much host are trying to look out for them. 

@Christopher1295   I can't believe I didn't spot it at first:  obviously, you're this guy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eREiQhBDIk

Anyway, thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'm sure all of these hosts with years of experience hosting hundreds or even thousands of guests will immediately rethink their business concepts because of a complaint from some guy off the internet who can't even figure out how to log into his Airbnb account and finishes every paragraph with "lol."

lol

@Anonymous nails it, as per usual 🤣

@Christopher1295 Back under the bridge, troll lol.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Doesn't he just, @Colleen253?
You just know @Anonymous would be the smartest and funniest (in a good way) dinner party guest. Ever. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gordon0 @Colleen253 

I miss @Anonymous 

😞

@Huma0  oh yea, we all miss him...

I'm still here every time I get a new phone I lose access to my old account.

A troll tries to cause problems. I was doing no such thing. Simply stating my opinion. If you're going to be an air bed and breakfast you should have to provide the second b. And again if you're a cheap listing I understand. That leaves me with enough money to go get breakfast. My thing is if you're going to charge a hundred bucks or more per night provide a croissant and some juice.

lol 😄 😄 😄

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Gordon0 @Sarah977 @Colleen253 @John5097 

I just spoke to my friend Mr. Chesky and he said that he is considering changing the name to “AirBYOB.”

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Christopher1295, @Brian2036 , @Sarah977 , @Gordon0 , @Colleen253 

I  am 110% supportive of how much effort Hosts put into their individual businesses.  It is up to hosts to decide whom to host. Now we all know whom not to host.

Not to host? I wasn't rude or offensive. I didn't call anyone any names. I was simply stating my opinion that if you're going to have an expensive listing you need to provide breakfast also. Y'all seem to get really offended by my opinion lol.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Anonymous I love you dude!! You are so dang funny, right on target NO matter what the situation.....You got this one so perfectly with that video link! lol

yes, we are all rethinking, holding conferences since this most critical need of OJ and a croissant must be offered to all guests, well at least to one person we know of. What's blown me away the most here is that he (christopher) keeps going on and on about his demand and insisting he is correct and knows the only way, his way.............lol

this behavior is getting so familiar here in our country....and there's a bunch of folks leaning in that direction...OH lord help me - its now on Airbnb.    LOLLOLLOLLOL

Never said the only way was my way. 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

There used to be a chain of fast food restaurants in California named "Wienerschnitzel". But they don't sell wienerschnitzel. Nothing even remotely resembling it.