Noisy guests

Teri28
Level 2
Weston, VT

Noisy guests

Does anyone have any ideas for dealing with noisy guests? I have been a super host for 8 years. Yes, I've had my share of issues. However, most people are respectful.

I texted the guest asking them to please refrain from shouts and screams early in the morning and late at night. I have now received a litany of complaints from them about the short-comings of the property. In addition to an assertion that they haven't made any noise. I have a rating of 4.86 per 126 reviews. Plus, there is professional sound proofing between the units.

Any ideas on how to handle this would be welcome.

Gratitude in advance, Teri

5 Replies 5
Luis-Alejandro5
Level 10
Guatemala City, Guatemala

Hello @Teri28 

To manage noisy guests effectively, I recommend using a Minut noise monitor. I’ve implemented this device in my Airbnbs, and it works great.

This device is designed for short-term rentals and measures noise levels without recording conversations, ensuring privacy. It alerts you to excessive noise, enabling prompt guest communication and providing evidence for disputes. 

Installation is straightforward, and informing guests about the device can encourage quieter behavior.

IMG_3192.jpeg

We put this sign next to the sofa in our upstairs airbnb.

Elizabeth3056
Level 1
Southern Pines, NC

Hi, Teri

I’m sorry you’re having problems with guests. Do you have house rules regarding noise or quiet hours? If so, you can refer to those rules when you contact the guest. It’s also a good idea to contact AirBnb regarding your problem guests. In my experience, if you contact AirBnb before the guest does, you have the advantage if things get worse. 

Debra659
Level 1
Bodmin, United Kingdom

You are better off without guests like this if they are being noisy and causing issues you should ask them to be quiet don't worry if they complain it doesn't matter if you have good feedback people will see through the complaints! You don't want them back ! Chin up and soldier  on

Cheryl978
Level 1
Colchester, United Kingdom

I would politely ask them to consider others and keep their noise to an acceptable level. No body wants to listen to other people shouting or playing music too loud. If this didn’t work I would contact Airbnb and explain that I want to terminate their stay.