Noisy guests

Suzan932
Level 1
Roskilde, Denmark

Noisy guests

Hi all, 

I rent out my apartment and unfortunately my neighbours experience my guests often being very noisy.

In my description of my place, it's stated that party is not allowed yet even a few people playing loud music seems to be too noisy for my neighbours. 

Upon arrival my guests find a leaflet where I ask them to consider the noise level as the building is old and sound transfers easily from apt to apt.

Any ideas how to avoid angry neighbours? 🤔 

3 Replies 3
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Suzan932 

Why don't you rent a flat beside your Airbnb and see what your neighbours are complaining about, not knowing from one week to the next whether one is going to get a nights sleep is a killer because of noisy inconsiderate guest next store, particularly when your Airbnb guest couldn't give a tosh.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

You need to do more than mention noise issues in the leaflet you leave in the apartment. Nowhere in your listing is this mentioned. I would rewrite your listing description, making it clear that this apartment is for quiet guests only.  Also make that clear to guests in a message when they book. If guests ignore that, and continue to disturb your neighbors, you may want to consider only renting to 2 guests at a time, rather than 4. 

@Suzan932

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Suzan932 you could also install decibel-monitoring devices such as NoiseAware -- be sure to disclose in your listing under "Things guests should know -> Safety Devices" -- so you are aware of any issues before your neighbors complain.