OUTPOST CLUB NYC-BAD SITUATION

Answered!
Martha870
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

OUTPOST CLUB NYC-BAD SITUATION

I am in a studio in Harlem Spanish and the studio does not have the infrastructure that I paid.

For example heat is off, shower is not hot, there is not a blanket in the room. Absurd situation.

OI am trying to connect Airbnb and people from Outpost but nobody answer more.

1 Best Answer

@Martha870  Did you book this place yourself on the Airbnb site? Or did Outpost book it for you? If it was booked by Outpost, then Outpost is the one who needs to deal with Airbnb, because the booking would have been made under their account not yours.

If Outpost is the "host", i.e. property managers for various listings, and you just booked one of the properties yourself that they list on Airbnb, and the booking is under your own account, then you are the one who has to deal with Airbnb.

Unfortunately, Airbnb customer service is terrible to try to deal with and the PR that Airbnb puts out making it sound like hosts and guests are protected, is not to be believed. 

In any case, I would insist to Outpost or Airbnb, that this booking be cancelled, as it lacks advertised amenities and basic needs of heat, hot water, and blankets, and you be rehoused immediately to an acceptable place or refunded so you can book another place yourself.  

I don't know what else to suggest and wish you luck.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Martha870   You need to try and contact your Host first.  Try reporting your problems to them on you Airbnb Messages.  If they do not respond you could also try calling them and if there is still no response then contact Airbnb support and they will advise your options.

Martha870
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

Kate, thank you very munch for help. Unfortunatelly Airbnb did not solve yet. I don´t have a hot shower and just a manual small heat  in the room(the host brought one in the morning).

The main host or administrator of coliving Outpost did  not solve and Airbnb not refunded my money.

I am afraid and feeling humiliate with neglect. I don´t now the reason is that I am a brazilian, latin in NYC. My sensation is they dont care about. 

The advertising of Airbnb is that they solve in one hour. I arrived yesterday and until now the problem of shower and building was solved. My best regards and thank you for your time,

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Martha870  I'm sure it must be awful to find yourself in a big, strange city, in an unacceptable situation. 

Unfortunately it seems you booked through a 3rd party rental placement company, Outpost, rather than booking a place for yourself. Outpost is not your host. As I read their website (I had never heard of them before), they act as a go between to book places for clients, when in fact you could have booked for yourself, there was no need to use a 3rd party placement agency.

So they are not the host at all- they just book places for other people, and obviously do not make sure, nor take responsibility for booking bad places.

I hope they can make this right for you, but it seems like a real mess, because it isn't just you, as a guest, dealing with a host, you have a third party involved. And it is that third party, Outpost, that should be dealing with Airbnb, because as I understand it, they are the ones who booked the place, not you. It's Outpost who should be giving you a refund or solving the issues or providing you with an alternative, acceptable place to stay.

Martha870
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

Hi Sarah,

Thank you very much for your explanation. 

Indeed I know and agree with you but Outpost did not solve and I used Airbnb plataform, how can I know who is who ? Futhermore when I paid it I received information, contract and more using plataform. 

Today I lost meeting call with clients and an important  webinar for my studies as professor.

Unfortunately, neither solved my problem, I am here without help ,hot shower, hot water at 11:42 pm.

My best regards and thank for your help.

Martha Terenzzo

@Martha870  Did you book this place yourself on the Airbnb site? Or did Outpost book it for you? If it was booked by Outpost, then Outpost is the one who needs to deal with Airbnb, because the booking would have been made under their account not yours.

If Outpost is the "host", i.e. property managers for various listings, and you just booked one of the properties yourself that they list on Airbnb, and the booking is under your own account, then you are the one who has to deal with Airbnb.

Unfortunately, Airbnb customer service is terrible to try to deal with and the PR that Airbnb puts out making it sound like hosts and guests are protected, is not to be believed. 

In any case, I would insist to Outpost or Airbnb, that this booking be cancelled, as it lacks advertised amenities and basic needs of heat, hot water, and blankets, and you be rehoused immediately to an acceptable place or refunded so you can book another place yourself.  

I don't know what else to suggest and wish you luck.

Sarah, again you are very kind.I can´t sleep because I am stressed with the situation and you are giving attention to me at this hour.

I will insist with both of them because is a very bad situation.

Thank you, thank you for your vibes and message.

My best,