Overriding maximum number of guests for one party only

Answered!
Kaaren1
Level 1
Catalina, AZ

Overriding maximum number of guests for one party only

Hi,
I have a reservation for a party of 4, which is our normal maximum number of guests. However, we agreed to make an exception for this one party to bring 2 more people with them, for a total of 6. The Airbnb site won't let us increase number of guests to 6 for this one party. Is there a way to do this without changing the number on the entire site?

Thanks,

Kaaren

1 Best Answer
Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kaaren1 

Did you try these steps: 

1. Change the maximum occupancy on your listing to six. 

2. go back to the reservation and modify it 6 people.

3. Have the guest agree to the changes. 

4. Once it's confirmed, go back to the listing and change it back to 4. 

Meanwhile, the risk you run would be, while you are waiting for the guest to confirm someone might actually book it for 6 if you have instant booking. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kaaren1 

Did you try these steps: 

1. Change the maximum occupancy on your listing to six. 

2. go back to the reservation and modify it 6 people.

3. Have the guest agree to the changes. 

4. Once it's confirmed, go back to the listing and change it back to 4. 

Meanwhile, the risk you run would be, while you are waiting for the guest to confirm someone might actually book it for 6 if you have instant booking. 

Thank you! I was thinking that's what I'd have to do ... will hope no one tries to slip in with a 6-person reservation before I get this accomplished. I appreciate your speedy reply. Kaaren

We do this method all the time and when the guest bis online.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To avoid the risk just turn off IB while you do this @Kaaren1 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kaaren1 can't you just let them book for 4 and bring 6? It would be much easier.

Thanks! But the rates change (not by much) for added guests, plus it affects the taxes de sejours (the house is in France, which i should have mentioned)! All sorted now. Thanks for responding. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Send them a special offer for the additional costs @Kaaren1 

Do you have the amenities in your property to make it comfortable for six guests ie sofa space, dining table, outdoor furniture, crockery, beds etc

Thank you!