Private rooms or entire listing - what type of listing do you offer?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Private rooms or entire listing - what type of listing do you offer?

28979971-1264.jpg

Hey Hosts 👋

I’m really intrigued to learn more about the spaces you're hosting. I’d love to know what type of listing you offer, why it works and is special to you. It could be a cosy private room or a spacious entire home, or maybe it’s a mixture of both; each listing (and Host) has its own unique charm. 😍

What kind of accommodation do you provide - private room or entire listing? Share yours below 👇

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

68 Replies 68
Carolyn23
Level 3
Louisville, KY

We offer only one listing. These are a suite of rooms in the lower level of our home. We unfortunately do not have a separate entrance to the area, and guests must enter through our front door /foyer to the large open staircase to the lower level. We built this area with a small kitchenette to accommodate our brother who lives in Germany. I always try to make sure the guests know what to expect, and it is described as such with plenty of pictures to illustrate. Carolyn 

Hi, does this work well for you - as we are considering the exact same set-up? Thanks 

Laura3897
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

https://abnb.me/rf06VzvEEX

Hello,

We offer an entire listing.

Initially we did not know exactly what to call our listing since it was still a part of our home, LoL.

We consulted with Airbnb and let them know the construction of the space and they instructed us to list as a complete private unit. 
The walls are shared but that’s all. The guest(s) space is not shared.  

Although the home is split in 2, our guest have their own private entrance. This has worked out so very well for us.

My daughter and I co-host. It’s been a beautiful 5 years of hosting for both of us.

Tip: Fresh flowers and candies are always a hit.

Laura and Ebony 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Laura3897 That sounds so perfect and great to hear you were supported with your listing set up. Congratulations on your 5 years hosting together! 😍

-----

Onur-Kağan0
Level 2
Bodrum, Turkey

I offer(ed) private home(s)

But after the strict short term rental law in Türkiye I had to close 6 of my 7 listings. I have only one left.

Many hosts probably 70/80% of people won't be able to host anymore.

As a community leaders in Türkiye we are fighting against this law with our thesis saying that bnb homes are good for society, our tourism income etc. But without a support from Airbnb side it is hard to achieve what we wanted. 

PS: renting a room via airbnb or with any platform is totally banned with this law.

Onur Kağan Göçebe
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

I wish you all the luck in your campaign to reinstate STR's in Turkey @Onur-Kağan0 🤞

-----

Joanna731
Level 1
Comox, Canada

I no longer have a listing with Airbnb, retired  6 years ago

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on your retirement! 🎉
Thank you for coming back and sharing with us anyway! 

-----

Liv14
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Hi Rebecca, 

I rent out rooms in my house and I also rent out two cottages, one in the mountains of Rondane in Norway snd one by the Oslo fjord. 

Regards, Liv 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Liv14 - dream holiday for me! Sounds fantastic! 🏔

-----

Complete house only. No private rooms

Anna-Maria142
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Hi, it is for the entire apartment 

Beth140
Level 2
Ann Arbor, MI

Entire listing. I have 2 condos that are on airbnb and VRBO (Naples, Florida and Traverse City, Michigan)

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you so much for sharing @Beth140 😍

-----

Entire houses