Proof of Airbnb.org Hosting Letter

Miss9
Level 2
Hawthorne, CA

Proof of Airbnb.org Hosting Letter

Greetings,

My city is requesting that I give them letter or something stating that I am a Airbnb.org Host.  I can't even find an agreement with Airbnb with my name on it to show proof that I am a host.  I have looked and looked and looked.  Where can I find some type or contractual/agreement to give to my city.

6 Replies 6
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Miss9 There is a TOS, but nothing that will have your name on it. Link provided below

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2908

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

You could send them your profile link, which shows the symbol:

TillandJutta0_0-1667373300900.png

Yes thank you so much actually I just figured that out. I also have the page that explains airbnb.org and the badge that is given to those that do offer the service.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why does your city need this @Miss9 . How many guests have you hosted through the scheme?

Miss9
Level 2
Hawthorne, CA

Hello Helen thanks for responding. My city is willing to pardon my business because I am servicing the community and Outreach. Versus hosting for only vacation Travelers. But they will like evidence of doing so. Airbnb.org is a different service from airbnb.com. they offer services to refugees, homelessness, First Responders and other people that need emergency services. You can offer your listing for free or at a discounted price and have it as a tax write-off. I've already host numerous refugees and covet First Responders. I just need something dating that with my name on it. Like there's literally no contract even though we hold for Airbnb with the agreement is something that's a virtual that we just clicked yes on but there's nothing produced really that says your name on it with airbnb's name on it as well. It's just sort of an implied contract/agreement you know. There's no physical signature page or something that I can print out for a very important situation like this which is to keep me in business.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ah I see now - it's a work around  with your local government, so you can continue to run your STR management business. 

Why can't you run a report on the airbnb.org bookings you have had since you have opened across your listings to demonstrate you have been taking these bookings @Miss9 

There doesn't need to be a contract between yourselves and Airbnb (you sign up through its T&Cs)  to support its airbnb.org scheme.

The intention is not to give STR owners a work around so they can continue to host by their local government, when normally they would not be allowed to, but to provide accommodation for those who have lost everything.