Red shield check

Answered!
Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

Red shield check

I have an upcoming guest that has a red shield with a checkmark over his picture. I've never had this before. Does anyone know what that means. I am a bit worried about this guest because he's coming the California to visit family that are two hours away and when I mentioned it he said he's okay with the commute. Seems strange. Now this red checkmark with a shield has appeared. 

1 Best Answer
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Jillian115 and everyone! It looks like this icon means a guest verified their identity. 🙂 If you look at the "confirmed information" on a guest's profile and click on "Learn more", you'll see the following:

Sybe_1-1681726673331.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

When I click on YOUR profile to look at your listing....you have the exact same shield and check mark right on your picture where the super host badge usually is.  Must be some new verification?

@Jillian115. Its definitely new this month. I'm hoping it means they actually have verified via photo ID (a setting I have switched on). I have had a couple of bookings all with this badge and all have been fine. 

Thank you. I was thinking it had to do with verification, but  then I started to worry because it's the first time I've seen it and the booking is so odd. 

Jillian115, I reached out to Airbnb support when I found a red check on my profile (I don't recall providing verification process). They said I completed the ID verification process -- meaning I am who I claim to be.  Search for : Verifying your identity in the Airbnb Help Center.  I did send them a note stating that a few of us are confused by the color red.....green makes more sense.  Good luck with your guests. 

Lauren3590
Level 1
California, United States

Hi Jillian. I am a renter since 2014. I just found out I’ve got this red shield check mark on my profile now and wondering what it means. First I don’t like red color or AirBnB pinkish red because red means careful or caution. But maybe we can figure out something together. I have an excellent track record with AirBnB and provide reviews. The host leave reviews like “after they checked out, the house was in a condition like no one ever stay there.”, “respectful, friendly and quiet”, etc. I never leave my official ID to AirBnB due to afraid of hacker issue. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Jillian115 and everyone! It looks like this icon means a guest verified their identity. 🙂 If you look at the "confirmed information" on a guest's profile and click on "Learn more", you'll see the following:

Sybe_1-1681726673331.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen