Refund required

Jocelyn627
Level 1
Malanda, Australia

Refund required

My airbnb that I had reserved in Brisbane for the 10th August 2024 had a double booking. A manager answered the intercom and helped me to go to a spare room at the hostess's apartment. However there was no lock on the door and no towel on the bed. My hostess apologised about the double booking and then she disappeared. I was not able to ask her for a towel. I had no view of the river or of the lovely church as in my original booking. The double booking wasted about 45 minutes of my time and caused me much stress.

I would like a full refund.

Kind regards,

Jocelyn Goodwin.

4 Replies 4
Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Jocelyn627 

I’m sorry about what happened on your trip and you should get a refund for the mishap and accommodations not being what was advertised. This however is not a customer support place. This is a community forum of guests and hosts where they share, give advice, and while there are community managers who moderate the boards, this is not directly customer support.  You need to contact Airbnb customer support about this and they can help to handle the refund. 

Thanks, Lorina. I have now requested a refund from the hostess. Kind regards, Jocelyn.

@Jocelyn627 

You’re welcome! If the host doesn’t respond or doesn’t respond favorably, please call customer support to explain what happened and they can initiate the process. I would always err to try to resolve it with the host first then involve the Airbnb customer service. This is why we pay a service fee when we book with Airbnb, for the customer support to resolve issues if it cannot be resolved with the guest/host themselves. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jocelyn627 As you stayed the night I doubt you will get a full refund. See what the host says though and review them accordingly as this host behaviour is unacceptable.