Refusing to leave

Answered!

Refusing to leave

If someone refuses to leave who gets contacted first?

Airbnb or the police?

1 Best Answer

@Roxanne-Jeanette0 is a guest refusing to leave? If yes, the recommended first step is usually to contact Airbnb directly to report the issue. Airbnb's customer service can provide guidance based on their policies and the specific details of your situation. They may offer solutions or steps to encourage the guest to leave voluntarily. 

However, if the guest is causing immediate danger to you, your property, or themselves, or if you feel threatened in any way, it's appropriate to contact the police or local law enforcement right away. Safety should always be your first priority. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7

@Roxanne-Jeanette0 is a guest refusing to leave? If yes, the recommended first step is usually to contact Airbnb directly to report the issue. Airbnb's customer service can provide guidance based on their policies and the specific details of your situation. They may offer solutions or steps to encourage the guest to leave voluntarily. 

However, if the guest is causing immediate danger to you, your property, or themselves, or if you feel threatened in any way, it's appropriate to contact the police or local law enforcement right away. Safety should always be your first priority. Hope this helps! 

thanks for your detailed response!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

What solutions would you suggest Airbnb can provide @Alicia753 

they are a booking platform and there isn't anything they can do to make a guest leave a property 

@Helen3 Airbnb has different departments that assist and mediate between Guests and Hosts depending on the issues that will arise before, during and after a stay. You can contact Airbnb and get more info. I have contacted them several times about a guest refusing to check out and even insisting on going back to the listing after check out. They mediated between me and the guest. Airbnb support can also help hosts flag the guest due to unfavorable behaviors like this by the guest. Thank you! 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Alicia753 as a large scale management company you are probably getting more favourable treatment from Airbnb then individual hosts .

the realty is Airbnb is an STR booking platform. It's important individual hosts understand the legal parameters in their location to be able to evict guests who stay past their check out times . All Airbnb can do is talk to a guest (if the guest chooses to communicate with them) . Legally there is nothing they can do to make a guests leave. 

by the way how are your guests able to get into your properties post check out? 

hosts are able to flag problem guests through the platform they don't need to contact Airbnb (although it's always wise to flag problem guests) 

@Helen3 Just to clarify, I'm not getting more favorable treatment. I believe it also depends on the support you'll reach when you contact them. Also, I just back-read what  I responded to @Roxanne-Jeanette0 and I clearly added there that if the guest is causing immediate danger or if she feels threatened by the guests, it is appropriate to contact the police right away. So, it depends on the scenario.

Lastly, aside from Hosts being able to flag or report a guest by going to the profile page, when you report these kinds of cases to Airbnb, they can make a note or decide if this can be grounds to permanently remove the guest from the platform.

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

Airbnb is a booking platform. 1st call the police and once that call is made, call Airbnb. This is your home!