Request for early check in?

Answered!
Eleftheria25
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Request for early check in?

Hi! Newbie here. How do I respond to a request for a very early check-in? My check in time is 14:00 and the guest wants to arrive at 8:00! Note: she booked with a discount price (89euros for two nights total).

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Eleftheria25 Four options:

1) Sorry but our cleaners cannot prepare the apartment any earlier than 12 noon/2pm (delete as appropriate)

2) Happy to allow an early check in

3) Happy to allow an early check in for which there will be a 20 Euro charge

4) We could allow an early check in but only if the apartment doesn't book the night before your stay. Please get in touch with us a couple of days before your stay.

We tend to be generous BUT only if it doesn't disturb/cost us anything.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Eleftheria25 Four options:

1) Sorry but our cleaners cannot prepare the apartment any earlier than 12 noon/2pm (delete as appropriate)

2) Happy to allow an early check in

3) Happy to allow an early check in for which there will be a 20 Euro charge

4) We could allow an early check in but only if the apartment doesn't book the night before your stay. Please get in touch with us a couple of days before your stay.

We tend to be generous BUT only if it doesn't disturb/cost us anything.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If your place is free the night before you can suggest she books the night before so she can check in on arrival or charge her an early check in fee @Eleftheria25 

Thank you Helen! I would like to charge her 15 euros, not an entire day. How do I do that? 

@Eleftheria25 Via the reservation you can request extra money from the guest. It is called the resolution centre. Your guest might give you a less than 5 star review unless you explain that you will have to block of the night before to be able to greet her that early or that you need to pay the cleaner extra money to rescheduled or something like that.