Residential building garage doors opens with dial-up

Paulius14
Level 1
Vilnius, Lithuania

Residential building garage doors opens with dial-up

Hi, 

I am new to hosting-just listed my first listing, which is the apartment in a newly built residential building. 

To access a designated parking space, it is necessary to have a mobile number added to the list of phone numbers for these garage doors (and only the building administrator has the ability to do that). I would like to allow my guests to be able to open the garage doors themselves (because now they call me and then I call the garage doors). 

I thought about call forwarding, but the problem with call forwarding is that it forwards the original number that is calling to the garage door systems (and as this number is not on the list, doors stay closed). 

Basically, I need an app or something that, when activated by a phone call, calls a specific number. 

Anyone have any ideas?

3 Replies 3
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Paulius14  It sounds to me like your building does not want strange people in it and the building garage is only for persons who occupy the apartments and actually live there.  Is there a designated visitor space with a separate guest code that is not on a phone?  Does the building administrator have a solution for you for guests who are coming in when you are not there?   What does an owner do if they have broken or lost their phone?

I would not be trying to find an app that spoofs your phone number and opens a secure garage.

Hi @Lorna170 , thank you for your reply. It is just a typical residential building and almost all newly built apartments have this type of garage opening. The first floor is commercial space and offices, however, they park outside the building. I have bought a designated parking space and want to make it available for my guests. 

You can also enter the building with a code and open the garage doors from inside, however, it is not convenient.

I need an app that would be programmed to open garage doors. 

Oh  i also late here, even i am also working for garage door store, if you still have issue you can contact me , i can help you. Thank you