Reviews

Answered!
Delana9
Level 1
Fountain, FL

Reviews

Will Airbnb let me know if a guest writes a review for me before I write one for them?

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Delana9  AirBnB will notify you if a guest has left a review.  I always wait until I receive the notification, as sometimes I want to wait until the last minute to write a review of a difficult or less than great guest.  Unfortunately, you do not have the ability to read the guest review before writing your own, so I am always careful to be factual and NOT angry about the guest before writing a review of that guest.  

Guest reviews should be written with the goal of informing a FUTURE guest and FUTURE hosts as to why a previous guest was not the best guest.  Disregarding house rules is a host's usual complaint.  Stating that a guest did not follow the rules can alert a future guest that there are rules and they should be observed as well as letting a future host know to be aware of a poor guest.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Delana9  AirBnB will notify you if a guest has left a review.  I always wait until I receive the notification, as sometimes I want to wait until the last minute to write a review of a difficult or less than great guest.  Unfortunately, you do not have the ability to read the guest review before writing your own, so I am always careful to be factual and NOT angry about the guest before writing a review of that guest.  

Guest reviews should be written with the goal of informing a FUTURE guest and FUTURE hosts as to why a previous guest was not the best guest.  Disregarding house rules is a host's usual complaint.  Stating that a guest did not follow the rules can alert a future guest that there are rules and they should be observed as well as letting a future host know to be aware of a poor guest.