Safety not a priority for Airbnb

Chloe486
Level 1
Little Rock, AR

Safety not a priority for Airbnb

IMG_6495.jpeg

As an avid Airbnb user who travels for work spending 6 months a year in airbnbs, I ran into the worst Airbnb experience I have ever had. Booking was in an unsafe neighborhood, trash everywhere in the neighborhood and throughout the back yard. Loose Rottweiler in the yard (I’m traveling with a dog so this added to the MAJOR concern), unclean space, carpets from the 70’s, doors that wouldn’t lock to the exterior, a door that had been clearly kicked in RECENTLY, all led to me leaving immediately upon arrival. I called Airbnb support who never suggested I document anything but that I just get myself to a safe space. Because I only have a couple photos, which apparently aren’t enough Airbnb is refusing to refund. I don’t know how to get this resolved and have asked to be escalated to no avail. To make matters worse I am being offered a cancellation small refund based on the three days it has taken Airbnb to “resolve” this. Anyone else had this horrible experience? Hate to see this from Airbnb, as we utilize their services constantly.

2 Replies 2
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Have you tried disputing the credit card while trying to also work with Airbnb and the host all simultaneously?

Good idea! I will reach out to the card company directly. Sadly approaching a week with no progress. I’ve now spoken with over 10 Airbnb reps, none of whom are managers, all of whom I have to repeat my situation to each time. I’m baffled honestly.