Saftey team takes 21 days to respond to a situation I allerted them off. Result removing my listing with no reason why

Saftey team takes 21 days to respond to a situation I allerted them off. Result removing my listing with no reason why

On January 3rd, I reported a situation with a guest who had a party the night before at our property and had broken into one of our vacant units to allow their guest to stay there without our permission.

They caused thousand in damage and refunds given to other guests.

After multiple attempts to contact Airbnb I was contacted back by someone from the safety team on January 24. After going back-and-forth with some emails all I had was my listing taken down and no explanation given.

I have had daily conversations with customer service who have said I will receive a call back from the safety department or a message, as they are unable to contact them.

To date I've had zero response from anybody despite multiple attempts every day to determine why my listing has been taken down.

Customer service says there is no reason for my listing to have been taken down and a few agents have taken the time to look at my listing.

They tell me I need to reach the safety department customer service person who I was dealing with. This person has failed to respond since the day I returned the information requested to them despite me reaching out to them multiple times.

I need to have an answer as to what's happening to my listing and why.

In would also like to know whats happening with my case.

10 Replies 10
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Quincy 

Is this something you could pass on to the team to look into?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tag @Huma0! After checking with the team, I was informed that Shaun's case has already been resolved 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

That is partly true, eventually I managed to find a customer service agent who actually took the time to assist me with my listing and help me to get my listing live. This must've been one of 20 calls to try and resolve my listing issue.  However my safety issue remains unresolved. Today marks one month since we made multiple calls to the safety team about the issue that happened at my property. We made multiple calls that day to the safety team and despite being promised, to date not one call has been received and my issues remains unresolved. There is clearly a huge disconnect between us as hosts and Airbnb safety team when it comes to assisting with these issues.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Shaun124, I am sorry to hear that this was not resolved for you. This was the information I was given by the team, however, I will update them with what you've mentioned here. Hopefully, they can resolve this for you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello Sean my name is Kris I have a very popular listing. And  have a very similar situation. No contact from theairbnb and that was after two weeks of suspension , no one I could get hold of. Make a phone call to air bib  for super hosts they tell me it's a safety team issue. and I still don't know what's going on finally a few days ago someone got back to me. and yet even though I told them everything was disclosed  properly  i am still suspended three more days. Your situation makes me feel even more at the mercy of a dysfunctional company , I've never been on a form like this before I don't know if I'm doing it right. And I don't know whether this is going to be monitored by this company and possibly conversations like this could make the company not want to work with someone like me. Who wants to stand up for himself, to have a functioning business. Did you get your business up and running again. Who did you have to talk to. 

Hi Kris

I am so sorry you are experiencing this and believe me I feel you pain. I know I eventually reached out in desperation to Katherine Powell who is an administrator on this site, but by the time she jumped into help, I had it sorted out. Quincy was also ready to jump in and help it appears.

In my honest opinion, the safety team does not exist and it is just a rouge to make everyone feel like safety is being taken seriously. My case from Jan 2nd has still not been resolved, or if it has, I have had zero feedback, therefore zero faith in this elusive group that you cant communicate with.

It was eventually some one in CS who actually took the the time to look into my case and found the issue. Apparently its more important to say which direction your camera is pointing in your listing that deal with a drunken guest who had illegal parties at my location and had their guest break into my property so they could spend the night. This after upsetting the neighbors etc.

My advise is call CS every hour and report your situation until you find some one in CS who actually cares and will go the extra mile and not just read back canned responses they clearly have in front of them.

Fortunately there are folks on this forum who care and can reach into the impenetrable company and help.

Good luck.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shaun124  "...Katherine Powell who is an administrator on this site, "

No, she isn't. She is one of the top Airbnb execs (who was paid almost 15 million dollars last year) whose title is "Head of Hosting ", which is laughable, as she has seemingly driven zero positive changes for hosts since taking on that position.

She only shows up here to put on a PR front of actually caring about hosts, usually right after hosts post something questioning what she actually does. Most of the time, it is a useless response to an issue a host posted about weeks or months previous, that has long ago been dealt with. 

She has no position on this forum as an administrator. This forum is moderated by professionally trained moderators contracted to Airbnb.

Rhonda45
Level 6
Eminence, MO

Perhaps a call to the Attorney General of your state as well as the state of California.  They should look into questionable business practices.  A call to local law enforcement should also be made, especially for the damage done and break in.  It’s very disappointing to hear this.  Hosts pay the salaries of every Airbnb executive and employees.  Without us, they are out of a job. 

Unfortunately, that's a hosts perception, they could not  are less about hosts. I am so tired of being screwed over as a host. I spend hours each day dealing with airbnb CS issues. I dont think I have had to deal with VRBO on any of the issues I wast time on everyday dealing with Airbnb double standards and their policy of the host is the enemy and always wrong, even if they are right.

Anabelle11
Level 2
Pensacola, FL

I’m in that situation now !!! 😦 I called because I was concerned about a gas leak. This was on a Sunday so I couldn’t get anybody out until Monday morning first thing for safety reasons, of course and because I’m responsible as a host I didn’t want to have that check and come in on Sunday and I haven’t heard back from them since I’ve called too many times and nobody seems to know what’s going on. 

Could you please tell me what the outcome was and what should I expect? How long does it take for them to get back?