Salt Vs Chlorine Pool

Jarred14
Level 1
Gainesville, FL

Salt Vs Chlorine Pool

Hi Airbnb community, 

I am looking to launch my 3rd airbnb soon! This one has a pool that I am about to begin renovating. The main thing I wanted to reach out to you (Airbnb community) for support with is to find out if there is a higher demand/more revenue for properties with a salt water system pool compared to properties with a chlorine pool?

Thank you,
Jarred

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jarred14   I don't have a pool, but I have rented homes with pools.  Chlorine is my preference, and probably the preference of most guests.  Observing saltwater versus chlorine pools on cruise ships, the saltwater pools attract fewer ship guests.  Observing saltwater pools versus chlorine at resorts, the saltwater pools have fewer occupants.  

Another factor to consider is maintenance.  I understand that saltwater pools, while cheaper for daily upkeep and perhaps preferred by chemical sensitive guests, have expensive equipment repairs.  Good luck with whatever you decide!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jarred14  I don't have a pool, but if I were a guest, I would much prefer a salt water pool to chlorine.