Scammer is listing my house

Scammer is listing my house

Help this scammer named Elizabeth is listing my house. She pulled the listing photos from an actual real estate brokerage firm.  Air BNB has her as a verified host but she is NOT the owner and  has nothing to do with the property. She is asking people to wire her money directly. The address is ** HELP !!!! 

**(Content removed for security - please see Community Center Guidelines.) 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you contacted Airbnb with screengrabs of the listing ? What was their response .

I would post publicly on their socials if you've contacted them with proof and they haven't taken it down @Sarah5942 

Good idea. The customer service at AIRBNB for an owner is terrible ! Not to mention how scary this is for someone who thinks they are renting my house. They could just show up any day any hour. AIRBNB will not release the full name of the scammer nor will they delete “her” profile ! I’ve had everyone I know flag the listing. I’ve gone to the police, hired an attorney. This is shocking ! I’m trying to go to the press and local news this is a serious issue and a major violation. Very disappointed with the service and feedback from AIRBNB. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah5942 👋

It's been a while since you posted. I wondered if you had an update on the situation that you'd like to share with us? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines