Seasonal Rates

Answered!
Jonathan163
Level 1
East Greenwich, RI

Seasonal Rates

I have no way of easily adding seasonal rates.  I have a ski rental home.  It is very frustrating because if I allow bookings 3 or 6 months in advance the prospective guest thinks that the rates still apply when they don't.  I usually lose the prospect once I decline and then up the rates.

1 Best Answer

24 Replies 24

The above weekly settings default to Monday to Monday. How do I set it Saturday to Saturday?

Hi Alice and Jeff:  I'm attempting to create a listing for a friend, but am running into the same issues as others; I haven't "published" the listing yet, am still setting it up.  Could it be that the "custom weekly prices" window and others don't appear unless you've published the listing? Thanks for your help!  Barbara

Hello @ Alice-and-Jeff0 I've been trying and trying to follow your instructions and I'm not getting anywhere. I simply do not have anything called Length-of-stay prices anywhere in my Pricing page. Closest is  Length-of-stay discounts which just provides ability to give discount by percentage. What you provide in your screenshot for "custom weekly prices" is exactly what I need and I can't find it. My listing is in Spain. Could that make a difference? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what my pricing page looks like:

FireShot Capture 013 - Edit listing 'Right at the beach _ pool _ WIFI _ parking' - Airbnb_ - www.airbnb.com.png

Susan453
Level 2
Tempe, AZ

You can go to calendar and highlight each weekend/ time block and adjust.  Im in AZ where its definatley up and down with price. so im looking at competitive prices often.  just part of the job.. Its not hard, but i like doing it because i want to know im competitive (to a point .. but im not going to give it away.. as i have a  nice place)  

Marcia34
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

VRBO used to have (maybe still do?) such an easy system for seasonal pricing. ie, MLK weekend, Presidents week, Christmas. It was sooooo easy to set dates and prices for whatever high demand period there was. It could start finish any day of the week. It could be one or 2 days, or 8, 10 days-whatever. It was intuitive, easy to set up, easy to change. Please airbnb can you do this too?

Vrbo has a simple … tap on seasonal pricing, you can set the price and the checkin/checkout days. We’re at the Jersey Shore and June-August is when we make our money. Airbnb used to have that but not anymore. It takes them years to make it easier.

Adam1315
Level 1
Rochester, NY

I agree with what's been said here: the solution offered is no good. I'd like something like: December to February = $70 weekday, $80 weekend; March to June = $90 weekday, $110 weekend; etc.  Going through the calendar to do that is too labor intensive. Smart-pricing waaaay low-balls for our listing so we just have to turn that off. 

Adi3917
Level 1
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

the way i did it is on calendar i selected tree months with click and drag and edited nightly price

Raja-Ombak0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

I do have the same problems. I doesnt seem to be possible to just stay with smart pricing and define price-A to price B per day for 1st of July to end of september for room?!

So far all other booking management engines and reservation management systems can do this. Its utter basic. As AirBnB makes things mostly very good it seems they dont want to offer this very basic feature?!

Jeff2149
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

this sucks the pricing. The weekly pricing option for specific dates does not show up in the calendar so you can't remember if you set it.