Stay being Denied

Roland677
Level 1
London, Canada

Stay being Denied

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep frustration regarding a recent experience I had while trying to book a stay with a host in Cincinnati. To my astonishment, my request was denied, and I was informed that the reason for this decision was a claim that I did not adhere to house rules during a previous stay. This revelation was not only surprising but also quite disheartening.

Throughout my time as an Airbnb user, I have consistently made it a priority to respect the properties I stay in and to go above and beyond the expectations of a typical guest. I took a moment to review my past stays and was pleased to find nothing but positive remarks from my hosts. This makes the current situation all the more perplexing.

As a dedicated user of this platform, I believe it is essential to have access to our star ratings and any feedback—both positive and negative—associated with our profiles. Without this transparency, it becomes incredibly challenging to understand what went wrong and how I can improve my future stays.

I am currently facing a time crunch and limited options for accommodations, which is causing me significant stress. This unfortunate situation has left me feeling quite anxious, and I would greatly appreciate any assistance or clarification you can provide regarding this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this issue. I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Roland Wilson

1 Reply 1
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Roland677 

On your profile I can only see 2 positive reviews (unfortunately I can also not see stars, as you are not a guest of mine).

I wouldn't worry at all if I were you. There are 2 settings on Airbnb: request to stay and instant book. I'm sure most request to stay hosts will not hesitate to accept you. Instant book hosts automatically accept you (you can also use the Instant book filter when searching for stays). 

I'm answering as a host. If your intention was to contact customer support, change the drop-down menu above from community center to help center.