Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Substantial Bookings Decrease Since Joining Early Access Features

Brad943
Level 1
Wheat Ridge, CO

Substantial Bookings Decrease Since Joining Early Access Features

I have been a superhost with Airbnb in the Denver area since 2017 and have NEVER seen the booking blackouts that I have this summer, and it all seems to have started since joining the Early Access Features. Has anyone else experienced this, or noticed a correlation?

We should be in "peak" season but are struggling to get any bookings at all, even with our prices so low that we're no longer breaking even. I don't know how other markets are performing, or if it has anything to do with the early access features I signed on for, but I have noticed a substantial decrease in viewings, bookings, and most shockingly (and importantly) my visibility in the Airbnb algorithm that has taken my listing off of the map ENTIRELY. I used to be able to search the broader area as if I were a guest and find my listing on the first page. Now I have to zoom into my EXACT location to even come up at all. And I mean within a 100 yard radius of my house.

We have struggled throughout the year like most, but this is a whole new level...

1 Reply 1
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Brad943 

How have bookings been since you posted here?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines