Support suspended a guest, which prevented me to leave a review but his negative review shows up

Conrad126
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Support suspended a guest, which prevented me to leave a review but his negative review shows up

I had a guest who left another host because of a supposed lousy experience; he turned into an unhinged nightmare in the first 24 hours, including accusing me of negligence for him using a lighter to light the grill and singed his hand.  After numerous abusive texts, I contacted Support and asked for them to step in and offer a 100% refund if they left in the morning. They left before checking out the next day, hurting childish accusations as they left.

Once the official departure date passed, I got a note from the support that my listing was suspended pending an investigation of an unsafe event. After three days, it was lifted, and I noticed his profile was blank and stated, " he no longer had access to the platform." I was told later that he had been suspended for some reason. Right before that, I was notified that he left me a review, so I tried to return with my review.  Once again, the system didn't allow me to leave one.

I called support, and they informed me that he was suspended; therefore, I couldn't leave a review, and his review would not be posted, yet after 14 days, it was posted. When I informed Support of this, they said, " Oh well."

This type of response from Support is always robotic, and I never feel that they actually actually take the time to investigate the facts. If they did, they would see that I reported that I could not leave a review as the system prevented me from being able to do so, and by doing so, not giving the host the same opportunity as the guests, it isn't an equal treatment for the host, which beg to question why we as hosts try so hard., and it always seems we are 'Guilty first, and we lose money while they investigate "  The solution should have been since the host was unable to leave a review for a guest within the 14 days, by NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN...while the guest was on suspension, the guest review should not be allowed either.. But I guess that is too fair and makes too much sense 

4 Replies 4
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Conrad126 

Keep reporting it until the review is removed.

The problem is that, as usual, they just give preformatted answers and don't really look into it. I even provided them with my call log, which shows when I called them about the system not allowing me to post the review and the follow-up email that they send after you call, but even though this review is threatening in nature, they just reply with the standard preformatted response. 

Get a manager involved. 
Good luck. Keep being persistent.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Conrad126, I’m really sorry to hear about this situation. Has it been resolved since you posted here?

We hope to hear from you soon.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad