Suspended listing

Margarita462
Level 2
Liskeard, United Kingdom

Suspended listing

Our listing has been suspended without warning or notice or explanation.  We satisfy none of the criteria listed under reasons for suspended listings: our response rate is great all our reviews are good.  We are superhosts.  We only noticed it had happened when we tried to block out a date only to find all unbooked dates were blocked and we were unable to edit.  When we call Airbnb each person we speak to says our listing is not blocked initially then seems to change their mind but can find no further information.  No one can explain exactly why it has happened or how long it will last.  Today the airbnb person asked if we'd had an email notification which we haven't had.  We keep getting assured someone dealing with our case will call buy they don't.  We can't manage our property, as we do not know when it might suddenly become unsuspended and be booked without us having any notice.  Recently a guest damaged the carpet so we raised a concern.  We stated the damage occurred on the date when the guest was in the property and then the guest responded that us giving that date meant we were in the property ourselves and accused us of a privacy violation.  We cannot find any means of refuting this in black and white--obviously the damage occurred when the guest was in the property and we discovered it after they left.  We can only guess that this is the reason for the suspension as we have had NO INFORMATION AT ALL from airbnb.  My husband is the main host and on his login it does say that the account is suspended but not on mine--I am a co-host.  Can anyone advise a next step?  

7 Replies 7
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Margarita462  this is scarily common. 

Did you perhaps have a guest report you for anything? These suspensions seem to happen when a guest claims you have an undisclosed camera. ABB "investigates" while your listing is suspended. Any chance someone did that?

A guest damaged a carpet and when we said it was damaged they claimed we entered the accomodation while they were there. We didn't of course but did give dates of damage as the dates they were there which is only logical we thought. 

Did you ever get this straightened out?

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Margarita462   Beyond a doubt the suspension is due to the guest ‘claiming’ the privacy issue.  If you gave a specific date for the damage, and they were actually staying for several days then this would raise concerns as to how you could actually know the exact day?  I would probably advise customer support that you worded it in error and incorrectly by naming a random day during the stay rather than ‘Between the dates of X and Y’   Airbnb do seem to jump very quickly to suspend hosts immediately at the slightest hint of a violation and without explanation before then taking their own sweet time to investigate.  We seem to be seeing a lot more of this recently which is extremely frustrating.  I hope it is all resolved soon for you

Margarita462
Level 2
Liskeard, United Kingdom

Any idea of how we can clarify things with customer support? We are only guessing at the reason, no one has contacted us with a case reference or anything. Everyone we speak to on the phone has no information about the situation. It's surreal.

Gareth162
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I can't believe Airbnb are treating us so badly by suspending our account without contacting us or asking for any clarification about any alleged privacy violation which of course never took place. Would be great if anyone from Airbnb reading this could contact this and help us to get it resolved speedily?

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"Recently a guest damaged the carpet so we raised a concern.  We stated the damage occurred on the date when the guest was in the property and then the guest responded that us giving that date meant we were in the property ourselves and accused us of a privacy violation."

Skipping the 'damage' part (whatever that could mean), the sequence of events makes no sense and because is so illogical it brings up many questions. At the risk of repeating myself - try to not get Airbnb involved if you can help it with any issue if you can overlook it or handle it yourself, if anything is because when you make that call to Airbnb you have no clue who you will get to pick up that phone on the other end and thus anything is possible then. It is always a risky affair.

Having said that, I have been treated nothing but excellent by them over the years with any rare issue I may have to had to get them involved with.