Suspension of account and announcements. Suspension of bookings. Help Ukraine Kyiv Discrimination

Answered!

Suspension of account and announcements. Suspension of bookings. Help Ukraine Kyiv Discrimination

Guys, I'm shocked! The company suspended my account and announcements and for 3 weeks no one wants to help us! They sent all the documents for the apartment, confirmed the identity, sent the payment of utility bills and still zero help! Discrimination! Half of the people were left, half are discriminated against, their rights are restricted and advertisements are blocked!
What to do?

1 Best Answer
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Андрій1  It would seem that your account with two listings was created in March 2022, after the war started.  The initiative to donate by booking via Airbnb was to help out existing Hosts with accounts set up prior to the war and generally those in a Home Share situation without multiple listings.  Airbnb have been carefully checking accounts to make sure that others are not taking advantage of this.  If you wish to help those in the Ukraine that need somewhere to stay you can offer your rooms via Airbnb.org

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

Guys, I'm shocked! The company suspended my account and announcements and for 3 weeks no one wants to help us! They sent all the documents for the apartment, confirmed the identity, sent the payment of utility bills and still zero help! Discrimination! Half of the people were left, half are discriminated against, their rights are restricted and advertisements are blocked!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Андрій1 

I see you only set up your 'listing' in March after the awful invasion of Ukraine.

Unfortunately since the war started many hundreds of people have realised that kind hosts and guests are donating stays in Ukraine to help genuine hosts;  who we know are genuine because they have reviews from 2021 are before.

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing if 'hosts' like yourself are genuine (which I am sure you are)  or if you are one of the many scammers who have set up profiles (who aren't even in Ukraine) just to cash in on the generosity of the Airbnb community .

You aren't being discriminated against;  Airbnb are just being careful to ensure that only genuine hosts who have listing from 2021 or before are the ones that benefit from any host or guest donations - which is the whole purpose of the scheme.

As @Kate867 says if you want to help refugees in your country you can register through Airbnb.org 

Hoping for peace in Ukraine soon.

I understand guys. Therefore, I sent all the documents and receipts for payment of utility bills for apartments, so that they would not think that I was a fraudster

I understand guys. Therefore, I sent all the documents and receipts for payment of utility bills for apartments, so that they would not think that I was a fraudster

And that I have 2 apartments? Is this the only problem? I can remove one, no problem. I help people and accommodate guys from completely destroyed cities in my apartments! Now I have a family with a small child from Mariupol! I fully provide for them and my family and help the elderly in our district of the city of Kyiv with food and medicine. And you sit warm and safe and try to slander everyone ...

Kate867
Level 10

@Андрій1  It would seem that your account with two listings was created in March 2022, after the war started.  The initiative to donate by booking via Airbnb was to help out existing Hosts with accounts set up prior to the war and generally those in a Home Share situation without multiple listings.  Airbnb have been carefully checking accounts to make sure that others are not taking advantage of this.  If you wish to help those in the Ukraine that need somewhere to stay you can offer your rooms via Airbnb.org

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

While there is no suggestion you are in any way iffy, @Андрій1, situations like this (the war) brings out the worst in many people who look to profit from other's misfortune. You've had a pair of excellent responses above from @Helen3 and @Kate867 which I'd think are correct. 

Swindling comes at every level, and we now have people on London Underground claiming to be Ukrainian in order to get free rides. It's pitiful.

I agree with you, there are a lot of scammers. But not everyone is considered a scammer. We have been sitting under shelling for more than a month, sometimes we hide in the basement for several days

I understand guys. Therefore, I sent all the documents and receipts for payment of utility bills for apartments, so that they would not think that I was a fraudster.

And that I have 2 apartments? Is this the only problem? I can remove one, no problem. I help people and accommodate guys from completely destroyed cities in my apartments! Now I have a family with a small child from Mariupol! I fully provide for them and my family and help the elderly in our district of the city of Kyiv with food and medicine. And you sit warm and safe and try to slander everyone ...

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Андрій1  as mentioned before there is nothing to stop you from continuing to help refugees in your country by registering with Airbnb.org. You don't need to have a listing on Airbnb to do this. 

Hosts here are not trying to slander anyone. We are just trying to explain to you why Airbnb have had to take this action  to vet new Ukraine listings - because many registering listings on the platform since March are not hosts and have no intention of hosting.

They have recently registered  because they are scammers.  Or are those from the Ukrainian community who like yourself who have heard that hosts and guests are booking accommodation with genuine Ukraine hosts to help them during the invasion and understandably have decided to sign up to the platform as a way to generate income.

In terms of help in Ukraine - there are many Ukraine and international charities operating on the ground in Ukraine, who are offering food, transport, clothing, medicine, accommodation - so please do get in touch with them so they can help you support families you are looking after. 

It is devastating to know we live in a world where many countries such as Congo, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria and Ukraine are subject to human conflict and war creating millions of refugees around the world. 

I do hope that we learn from the awful situation in Ukraine and make it easier for all refugees to get access to the help they need and easier access to flee to countries of safety. 

Kate867
Level 10

@Андрій1   Nobody is slandering or accusing you of anything.  The problem here, is that your listings were set up after people started to donate to existing Hosts.  Because so many listings were being set up to benefit from this (and many were fraudulent) Airbnb had to take the difficult decision not to allow new listings in the Ukraine and also because travel to and from the Ukraine now is extremely difficult if not impossible for international visitors.  Unfortunately it is very hard for Airbnb to differentiate.  My thoughts are constantly with the Ukraine and the terrible time you are all going through and hope that peace is restored soon.

Well, that's right, I rented an apartment and I had tenants all the time, well, the war began and everyone moved out, I immediately posted it here. I sent all the documents and receipts so that they would not think that I was a scammer, because there are really a lot of them ... But there is no work, no money for food and medicine

And now I constantly help people who are refugees. Settlement and housing for free, as well as feed, sing and take care

https://www.facebook.com/helpfirefightersua/?notif_id=1649009611234045&notif_t=page_post_liker_invit...

We are also volunteers, we created a group and help rescuers, we buy equipment and take it to the guys, we publish all reports, etc.