Suspicious of additional parties? Help!

Tolanda0
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Suspicious of additional parties? Help!

Hello, 

can someone tell me if they have experienced this. It is my first time ever trying to use air bnb. I was looking to stay in a location for 2 days, it would have been me, my 3 boys who are 6,6, and 10 and their dad. I was attempting to book, one person denied me because they stated I was too new to the platform and wanted someone who already has ratings and reviews, cool fineโ€ฆ but I found another place for us and air bnb blocked me when I was going to pay and stated they were suspicious Iโ€™d be having additional partiesโ€ฆ.. 

I am simply trying to book a stay for my little family, itโ€™s my sons 6th birthday and we decided to take the boys on a weekend trip so they can go to a water park during the weekend in July.

the support team keeps giving me the run around as to why I canโ€™t book anything. And as Iโ€™ve said itโ€™s my first time ever using this platform, has anyone else experienced this? 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tolanda0 It has to be a computer thing. I've checked your profile and it says you only have one child and your name is Tia. Perhaps at least correct these anomalies.

After that I wonder if the host clicked/said 'party risk' when rejecting you - A pure guess and no idea if this is the case. 

Finally is your profile location correct and are you booking locally? If so that may raise red flags in the system.

Perhaps don't mention you are travelling for your son's birthday.

Makes sense, I am technically a mom of one, but my bf has 2 kids not by me. So originally when I created the profile it was well before I met him๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ also I have Tia as my preferred name. I do live in Nashville but I was booking in a totally different city I can see how all youโ€™ve said could definitely be confusing Iโ€™ll make sure to update it, thank you.