Vacasa SUCKS

Sammy135
Level 1
Marietta, GA

Vacasa SUCKS

DO NOT rent from Vacasa.... VRBO is a better option!!. I will never rent from Vacasa again. If only I had rented from VRBO I would be reimbursed for mandatory hurricane evacuation (Hurrican Debby 8/4/24 Mandatory Evauation). Lesson learned! Regardless of having renters' insurance. I know this for a fact!!!! I own a VRBO property. DO NOT rent from Vacasa.... VRBO is a better option!!. Sam C

2 Replies 2
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Sammy135 

You do know that you are on an Airbnb forum  and that you're plugging the competitor?!  Not sure how the moderators will feel about this😂

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sammy135   In many jurisdictions if a MANDATORY evacuation is called, the owners/management companies are obligated to provide a refund of the days impacted.

From the web:

Local Laws and Regulations: Specific rules about rent refunds during mandatory evacuations can vary by location. For example, in North Carolina, vacation tenants who comply with an evacuation order are generally entitled to a prorated refund for the nights affected by the evacuation.

You will have to find out what your rights are with respect to the Florida located rental.