Very bad experience with an inappropriate host.

Very bad experience with an inappropriate host.

I have had the worse experience of stay at this following property : 

**[Title updated and Identifiable information- Name of a Host's listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines due to privacy concerns]

My host was acting very friendly at first on private messages on the Airbnb SMS, thank god I had this as proof, yet she has lied on my review page and had used very vulgar and disgusting language, disrespecting my family and children. All because I told her that I am having to leave the property a night before due to the abnormally squeaky furniture and beds that would wake you up the minute you move by the tiniest bit! You can read the other reasons below

I am deeply disappointed with the review you provided, which I find highly inappropriate. When I informed you the night before my departure—after paying a significant amount for my stay—and clearly explained my reasons, you did not address the issue with the 'wooden flooring' at that time. Instead, you responded with, "Oh, I am sorry to hear that. I will ask my handyman to tighten the bolts on the bunks… hope you managed to get home safely and please do come back to the island again soon. All the best, Amie :)" During our conversation, you had nothing further to say about the condition of the property, yet now, you've given me a negative review. This is surprising, especially since I respected your initial response, which was entirely different in tone.

It seems that you are unable to accept constructive criticism, which could have been helpful for you. If you are charging a premium for your property, the standards should reflect that. The level of cleanliness was unacceptable—there was significant dust in both bedrooms, and the kitchen worktop was extremely sticky. I couldn't even stay for the full duration of my booking, which was quite distressing, especially with two children and a baby. This resulted in a financial loss for me, further compounded by the discomfort. Additionally, as you’ve now brought up the issue of the floorboards, I would appreciate it if you could share a video or picture of the main bedroom you claim has ‘no floorboards,’ as the room I stayed in definitely had floorboards, not concrete. Concrete does not creak, so I urge you to be honest about this.

Lastly, regarding your inappropriate response: " not quite sure what Huma and her family were doing on the floor to make a noise", I want to clarify again—something you were already aware of—that I had a 1-month-old baby with me. I had to wake up every two hours for feedings, and the floorboards made loud squeaking noises. My family was not on the floor, so I expect to be spoken to with the same respect I have shown you.

My advice is to never go here and make the mistake of writing a nice review on her profile because i had saved my concerns and privately messaged her so that it wouldn't make her reviews look bad. As a result of this she wrote something so ill-mannered!!!

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @I25 

The host does acknowledge that there is a wooden floor in the bedroom and just says that the wood is on concrete, so you're both in agreement about there being wooden planks.

From the two reviews on your profile read together, it seems there has been some friction with these two hosts. Could it be that it's the Airbnb model that's not working well for your family? Have you had better experiences in hotels? For one, a hotel would've been better equipped to handle the check-in and check-out that the first host refers to. Airbnbs work great for some, but there are limitations to staying in individually-prepared, privately owned units. Depending on your situation, this can cause problems to varying degrees. The trick is to avoid future conflict by finding a way of traveling that is best suited to your group. Family travels should be as fun and stress free as possible.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@I25 You have 2 reviews as a guest and both are negative. I am with @Shelley159 here and suggest you may be better suited to a hotel.