What a nightmare Airbnb‘s support!!!

Vivi1585
Level 2
Munich, Germany

What a nightmare Airbnb‘s support!!!

IMG_9211.jpeg

IMG_9213.jpeg

I rented out my apartment to guests**, they booked for 5 persons and checked in with 8 person and an unallowed dog. 
i told this to airbnb Service and sent the pictures I have from my vídeo door bell which is OUTSIDE of the apartment. As the guests were angry about to Check out earlier they told the Support IN the apartment were cameras anywhere. Which is a lie !!! 
the dog also urinated on the floor, yummie. 
after support contacted the guets they left the Windows open so they get inside with more people without noticing it. (The apartment is on the ground floor) 

now airbnb support deleted an active booking my next guests (they are coming anyway as we had contact after the booking was accepted) 

and my account is Fully suspended and blocked. With 3 Apartments fully booked out the next 4 months !! 
this is Crazy , since 1,5 days NO Feedback from Support at all: 

to one of my guets which is now living in one of my Apartments the Support just wrote an email: leave the aparment Right now - without explanining. Of course they will not go! This is the craziest thing , i dont know if my account with superhost status will ever be umblocked again. 
i am worried about loosing like 40k euros 

what a **bleep** show and what a bad Service , o can not say Support here as this is almost criminal 

12 Replies 12

Hello, Im sorry to read this, and do you have any update, what happened next?

Is there any way the issue is solved?

Thank you, hope now you are unblocked and continuing work!

No update, still blocked. No one of the Support writes or call Back. They do not care at all 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Vivi1585 ,

I am sorry to hear about the guest's situation and its aftermath.

Seems like the guest mentioned cameras being present in your listing.

I wanted to share this article that talks about What happens if my listing is suspended or removed under ground rules for Hosts? and the reasons that might have caused this.

Meanwhile, I will also share your concerns with the related teams. Hope someone from the team reaches out to you soon once they have looked into the matter.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

hello @Bhumika  , Thank you for trying to help me in this case. It is important to mention that it is always just a video bell in the outdoor area. Of course, the privacy of the guest is not touched under any circumstances. There are no cameras inside the apartment!

and  this only works when some ring the bell. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you see that guests have brought in three additional visitors and a pet not on the booking, did you not contact them about this and either get them to adjust the booking/having the unbooked visitors/pets leave @Vivi1585 ?

Hello @Helen3 , to be honest no. I was feeling so uncomfortable with them in my apartment that I just wanted them to leave. Isnt this my Right when like 5 houserules are broken at the Same time? 
this i would like to know very much for the future.

i couldnt find anything like that official in airbnb‘s rules 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The first thing that struck me about your case is: You have a 5 -guest limit rule, but allowed 8 people to pack in + their dog and then expected ~Airbnb~ to be the enforcer (or corrector) who happens to be a few thousand miles away (San Francisco, USA). This hands-off approach will not work, with Airbnb or any other booking agency, and sure enough led to an unnecessary mess.

sorry, but my apartment can accommodate up to 8 people. however, it costs a fee from 5 people, also a dog costs extra. these people wanted to save themselves the gwld and that's why they behaved like this. 3 more people cost more, of course: bed linen, towels, garbage, water server consumption... don't understand this attack.

I can appreciate what they want, but that doesn't mean you have to go along with their program.

@Fred13  Well, I thought so too.
The booking was cancelled early by airbnb, but the guest then wrote "he is in the right, because airbnb gave him the money back and pays for the new accommodation", of course the guest then feels in the right.
Moreover, the consequence of my report was a revengeful move by the guests to accuse me of breaking their privacy and airbnb summarily suspended/blocked my profile.
My next booking should have checked in yesterday, cancelled without comment.
As I experience it all here, I will definitely not get any compensation for this. 1000€ that was. And who knows what else will come.
If you accuse a guest of something, you don't stand a chance. (See me).
Nobody is interested at all in helping me or trying to Check the Situation.  There is no personal support who comes by in such a serious situation and checks the flat.

@Vivi1585  Not for second do I not understand your dilemma - yes it is infuriating that abusers can do their thing so easily in today's environment. Which reiterates my point - protect yourself, foremost.

When a guest comes and already has a scam in tow right off the bat (extra guests, insane expectations, lousy demanding attitude, etc) - do not allow them to get passed the door. Period. If you do so it is provably the beginning of a series of further insane absurdities and problems.

Just yesterday I get a very juicy reservation (7k+), but the guest says they are bringing 4 children + an infant (we have a 4-year-old-no-charge cutoff), yet refuses to tell me their ages and asked if its ok for friends to visit during the day - the STOP  sign went up - that reservation is not happening. Not worth it. IB or no IB. They withdrew their request.

You are not alone. Good luck.

you are absolutely right.  ABnB support is just like talking to a computer, with a smile on its face.  They are no help and do nothing to support hosts.  I had a similar instance, but my "guest" was too smart to report problems to me.  She went directly to ABnB with lies about me and my property.  I was blocked for a month and penalized $750.00 for renting to a scammer.  In future, if the scamming guest, finds fault they are out immediately with a refund for nights unspent.  That is IF the call me first...