Where the heck do I find the guests phone number? It used to be prominently displayed, stop changing things.... you are not improving the host experience.

Nicholas639
Level 1
Springfield, VT

Where the heck do I find the guests phone number? It used to be prominently displayed, stop changing things.... you are not improving the host experience.

11 Replies 11
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Nicholas639 The guest's phone # can be found to the right of the message thread under  Reservations details.

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 8.31.15 PM.png

Can it be any smaller?  Or lighter in text color?  Hey @Catherine-Powell   This is a PRIME example of how the programmers disregard ADA needs for visually impaired persons.  Even regular sighted people can't find stuff.

heh, I need glasses and I have to hit ctrl + a few times to be able to see it. The guest number becomes smaller and smaller... until one day it will completely disappear...

I am sure it's done on purpose... Airbnb likes to hide important pieces of information like house rules... descriptions... contact-us page..... ratings...

@Lorna170 Agreed. The light color is an issue for me. I have to squint really hard or get my reading glasses out. I’m usually in the app, and you can’t pinch the screen. Sometimes I just take a screen shot and enlarge it. Awkward as all get out. 

@Nicholas639 if you’re in the app, click ‘details’ from the message stream, or go to ‘reservations’ and click the one you want. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Nicholas639  It's still there on the right, but they made the font microscopic for some reason.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I think this stuff is designed by 30 year old programmers with perfect vision and an "Okay, boomer" attitude.

@Sarah977  Even if that is true, what is the purpose of making the phone number in extremely small text? 

How does this help Airbnb or the guests or hosts?  Airbnb often does dumb stuff, so I guess it is possible they intend to eventually eliminate the guest phone number, even though that will make CS calls go through the roof.  We text guests as a last resort when they don't respond to messages on the platform, that works 9/10 times.  If we have no phone number then we would have to call Airbnb for assistance in 10/10 times when guests don't check messages, which again is the fault of Airbnb for not giving clearer instructions to guests.

@Mark116  Yes, I would be really upset if I couldn't be provided with a guest's phone number. When  my guests arrive at the bus stop here, they phone or text me so I can pick them up. They also give me a heads-up an hour or so before that when they arrive at the airport if they are flying in. 

As I don't use the app, and Airbnb message alerts are not reliable, that would mean I would have to have my laptop on and open to my guest message stream, constantly checking it, waiting to see an arrival message from the guest.

Has anyone ever gotten an actual answer as to why the guest phone number is in a microscopic font, smaller and lighter than any other reservation info??

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Nicholas639nicholas its in he same place but not available until the reservation is confirmed . in the reservation area . Look through your calendar find the reservation and a picture of the guests and click . Underneath the reservation you will find the phone number. Many guests lately seem to not answer host questions on their mobiles or in fact dont use one . I find that suspicious on the part of the guest especially when you ring the number because they are not answering messages and they dont answer the phone either  or return calls. I dont know who is  doing what but I am over it. i think more guests are trying for the refund and think 'playing dumb ' and not cancelling , even though they have told you they wish to , avoiding paying cancellation fees , by expecting the host to do their cancellation and keeping days blocked that they cancel and not paying the part two of a two part payment and also trying to get hosts to do extra refunds , not offering Ids , trashing houses , and ignoring rules or any modicum of good manners or responsibility. and CS seems to be encouraging this bad customer behaviour . Make your listings exclusive people so these low lifes cannot come in your home , no matter how humble . H

Kyra87
Level 2
Vandalia, OH

Hello, I was also struggling and found your post. After some digging I also found it larger from the reservations tab>*** (three dots on the right) next to details.