Why AirBnb keeps giving VACASA a green light to manage properties with so many complains ?

Carlos-Alberto80
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Why AirBnb keeps giving VACASA a green light to manage properties with so many complains ?

I'm not the only one, if you look at the review every forth or fifth review is an apology about a complain. They don't take responsibility they always blame their local franchise. They don't refund you a penny is AirBnb that will do a partial refund because the  hosts insurance.
I sent an email to Brian Pesky never got a response. 

"Horror movie on what was suppose to be a partial vacation- business trip. I like the location,I rented a one bedroom from another company before. Vacasa is a management company so the system is automated, the local office was not responsive at all. Got to the apartment and it was confortable, however the floor was so dirty that I passed a white napkin around the kitchen floor and came out red and black, there where dirty spot all over the floor, there was nothing to clean the floor with, no vacuum cleaner nothing to swipe or products to clean the bathroom and the sink. No garbage bags. When I contact Vacasa and automated (bot) email reply saying that someone was going to get in touch with me SOON. the worst part was that by Thursday the electricity was cut of Thursday without any notification from Vacasa. I contacted them again and Bryan ask me for proof that I so a sign outside the complex notifying resident of the cut off. I'm not the only one with a bad experience with Vacasa.
Response from Vacasa North Carolina
October 2023
Carlos, thank you for your review. We regret to hear that your time with us was less than satisfactory. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness concerns you encountered during your stay with us. Our team of housekeepers takes pride in their cleanliness standards, as it is a top priority service we provide for every guest prior to check-in. We have passed your feedback along to our housekeeping staff so they are aware of your concerns. Additionally, we apologize for any disconnect in the care you received when communicating with our team and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We welcome your feedback as a means to improve and will be sure to follow up with the appropriate parties regarding your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to impress you in the future.
6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Carlos-Alberto80 Airbnb provide potential guests with reviews that show how poor certain hosts are. If guests choose to ignore these then more fool them.

Also any refund offered will most likely be charged to the host not paid by Airbnb.

What is more amazing is that AirBnb has an insurance for guests. They will refund you a % of the total amount. VACASA doesn't get charged a penny. Go figure!!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Carlos-Alberto80  The reason Vacasa continues to operate as you know is because some hosts continue to use the company despite their poor reviews and customer service.

sadly some investor hosts are really only interested in profits.

Airbnb has no control over which STR management company STR business owners use.

Personally I never book listings managed by large scale management companies - I suggest you do the same . 

Jennifer4625
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Airbnb hasn’t yet posted my negative review on my recent disgusting stay at a Vacasa property!! As soon as I hit Send, I received a msg saying they’d let Vacasa know how they can improve. But Airbnb has yet to post my review 4 days later!! Has anyone ever experience this?

It may take up to 15 days for it to show up. 

Craig912
Level 2
Stateline, NV

The situation with Vacasa (via Airbnb) is much worse than people realize and Airbnb chooses to ignore it (I am certain of this now at least in CA).  In CA (where I am), this behavior causes reduced disability rights of children (Vacasa doesn't follow CA law).  Both companies are at fault and customers don't realize what's happening (even as the cards are switched).  Airbnb's Terms of Service (TOF) are always primary, but Airbnb enables Vacasa to change "the reality". Here is what happens.

1. Vacasa lists on Airbnb with TOS # 1, with language way deep in the listing. The key line (THIS NEVER LEGALLY CHANGES SINCE YOU MADE THE BOOKING THROUGH AIRBNB)

a.  In case of any conflict between the Vacasa Terms and the Airbnb Terms of Service (“Airbnb
       Terms”) that apply to your reservation, the Airbnb Terms will control.

b. Vacasa mentions signing a Contract and doesn't mention a Lease (this is subtle but KEY and Airbnb has no clue the difference)

2. You talk with Vacasa on Airbnb Chat, right until you BOOK.  This is where the fraud happens in complete violation of Airbnb's TOS and Inclusivity policies.  On Airbnb chat, you then get all your trip details AND a clever deceptive statement that violates Airbnb TOS.  Doesn't matter.

a. Need help?  Your online Vacasa Trip Manager: (URL that is on Vacasa's website) is a great
        place to view trip and property details for you reservation. 

b. If you click through (or not) you have unknowingly agreed to Vacasa's FULL Rental Agreement (TOS # 2), that YOU NEVER SAW?   But Airbnb says TOF # 1 applies and they will cite Vacasa (bs).  The deceit continues throughout the whole process.  Airbnb says "Aircover", Vacasa says no, Airbnb calls them support animals, Vacasa calls them pets.  This is so messed up, and it hurts PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES THE MOST!

https://www.vacasa.com/rental-terms    

3. In CA at least, you then are emailed a 10+ page lease (a tenant-landlord looking lease).  The word "LEASE" was never mentioned before, and one section violates CA law.  But doesn't matter.
Reality is the truth now!  Does this 31 day Lease mean Federal FHA law Protections??

4.  When you try to get clarity with Vacasa and (surprisingly Airbnb) they both say your dramatic and "nothing to see here".  But, then Vacasa openly violates Airbnb's Inclusivity policy with Airbnb's full knowledge (and intentional fatigue-ending restarts of the while story with meaningless escalations).  

KEY: ALWAYS GET CONVERSATIONS BACK ON THE AIRBNB APP TO HOLD AIRBNB ACCOUNTABLE, EVEN AS THEY ENABLE VACASA TO GO OFF PLATFORM TO HARM CUSTOMERS!

I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR AIRBNB.  AN ENABLER IS JUST AS LIABLE!