Wishlists are limited to 50 entries and AirBNB is too embarrassed to document it.

Sheryl197
Level 2
St Pete Beach, FL

Wishlists are limited to 50 entries and AirBNB is too embarrassed to document it.

This evening AirBNB support confirmed that a) Wishlists are limited to 50 entries. b) This limitation is not documented anywhere because it is an embarrassment. c)  There is no warning or error message when you save the 51st entry.  d) All entries beyond number 50 are just tossed... they are gone for good and cannot be retrieved.   

Learning that AirBNB's design and documentation standards are so poor has me questioning whether I'll use AirBNB in the future.  If they can't manage a simple list beyond 50 entries or at least provide a notification that you've reached the maximum then how loose is their control over my personal information?   Very concerning.  

19 Replies 19

Correct.  I engaged a few engines that posted this information to many, many travel chat boards last night.  Majority of responses are from Reddit, How To, Fodors, Tripadvisor, etc.  Over 40 more received since my earlier message (98% positive).       

One clarification... obviously folks are not messaging me on AirBNB... my accounts on other services send notifications to one of my email accounts, just like AirBNB does.    

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Sheryl197 Perhaps the difficulty some (including me) are having understanding why this is suppose to be an 'issue' in the first place and that supposedly Airbnb is 'too embarrassed to document it' is because your contention is requiring us to do some serious mental gymnastic to even understand this most unusual need  to have more than 50 listings on a wish list.

Have you spend any time asking them why they have such a policy? That may proof a lot more interesting and lead more to a two-way discussion than accept very critical contentions of a subject that most of us have probably never even thought of because none of have even had the need.

P.S. A search on this subject in this board comes up with not one post on the subject, except for yours. Perhaps it is a big hit behind the scene you frequent, but not here. Unusual indeed since we do relish open discussion and analysis on this board about any subject.

Please see my response to Helen below as I believe I covered all of this.  Nobody I've spoken to  knows "why" but one of the agents that I spoke to was very clear that it is intentionally not documented.  No modern database has any row or column limits (at least, none that are pertinent here), so it was simply a choice by their designers.   

Marlon165
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Thank you! I had a similar experience, and found out after the fact that properties were not being saved. It appears the limit has been increased now, to exactly what quantity I am not sure. But I’d assume your post was at the very least a factor in the limit being increased 😊

Cheers!