car parking issue

Answered!
Ersoy0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

car parking issue

Hi

I booked to stay for one night about 3 weeks ago , 3 days before my stay i received a message from host which asked for my car details and id Driving license or passport via uploading or bringing wth me , i was surprised at this and displeased , after communicating with host i provided my car details  to them , i would like to know if this is a new standard procedure or only by some hosts?

I have never had this request  before after many trips .

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ersoy0 there is apparently a law in the UK that requires hosts to have the name and address of all people staying with them. I have never found said law so cannot confirm if true or not.

Just found this on the visit Britain website

• All serviced and self-catering accommodation premises must keep a record of all guests over the age of 16. The record should include their full name and nationality. You must keep each guest's details for at least 12 months.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ersoy0 it rather depends on the legislation of the country/region you are visiting. Where was the property?

Hi

The property is i the UK

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Ersoy0 there is apparently a law in the UK that requires hosts to have the name and address of all people staying with them. I have never found said law so cannot confirm if true or not.

Just found this on the visit Britain website

• All serviced and self-catering accommodation premises must keep a record of all guests over the age of 16. The record should include their full name and nationality. You must keep each guest's details for at least 12 months.

Hi 

I would need to know if other travelers are also having request for ID driving license or passport to park their cars ,

i am guessing ..not!

thanks for your response much appreciated