covid-19 25% refund payout

Theresa424
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

covid-19 25% refund payout

I have several cancellations that qualify for the covid-19 25% refund. Can anyone give me some idea of when can hope for my 25% payout?

65 Replies 65

Does anyone know where we can view the payout? I went to transaction history, and it does not appear on processed transactions or pending payouts. How are we notified of the payout? Thanks.

I spoke to customer service via chat last night and they confirmed a payout was on its way and I would get an email.

To be clear you only get 25% of the amount due when the stay is cancelled. So I'll only get 25% of the full amount on two of my cancellations where the guest cancelled within 5 days of the arrival dates. I'll get 25% of 50% (12.5%) for the remainder.

I have the strict cancellation policy.

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental

Thank you for confirming that it will really be 12 1/2%— I also have a strict cancellation policy. 

Ruth493
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

Hi all, also waiting for 25% on 5 reservation and hoping to hear about the relief fund. Nothing at all.... im also in the UK

Rosalind19
Level 2
Ballygalley, United Kingdom

Also waiting for 25% on 7 eligible reservations, CS unable to give any information. Have any UK hosts received a payment yet?

Tina6194
Level 2
Mermaid Beach, Australia

Do you have to have the strict cancellation policy to receive the 25% rebate?   Im in Australia and heard nothing yet.

Heather397
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi not received anything as yet. Spoke to some one today who could not advise me that they do not know when an email would be arriving if it was. Has anyone recieved one?

Richard1830
Level 3
United Kingdom

Received an email this morning confirming my payment is on it's way.

Richard1830_0-1588266240815.png

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental
Sue313
Level 2
Nome, AK

I typically maintain a very flexible cancellation policy as a courtesy to my guests, but if I understand correctly, Airbnb is only offering a Covid-19 25% refund on a host's lost cancellation fees? I'm losing just as much with the cancellation of my bookings, but not able to recoup anything from Airbnb. Am I understanding this correctly? If so, does this seem fair?

I can only share what I know; I had all of my mine listed as strict. So AirBnB promised a 25% of what I would have received based on my setting (strict). But, since my cancellations were more than 7 days from the check-in, should have received 50% of 25% (12.5%). 

I had 4 reservations. They gave me credit for 1, and payment for one other comes up in June. Their explanation to not paying for the last 2 was that I initiated the cancellations. Even though the reason states "This guest canceled this reservation for Apr 16 – 20."  (for Coachella) The explanations is that the it is "cancellation unrelated to COVID-19"

Same thing for my March 17th. "cancellation unrelated to COVID-19".

Bottom line: out of $11,000 worth of reservations I am receiving $389

Good luck

Marla72
Level 2
Napili-Honokowai, HI

I received an email about the 25% payments and an accounting.  That's the good news. The bad news is only one (out of about 20) was 25%. They are all about 2%!   Its not my strict cancellation policy either.  It states right on my account for one reservation I would have received $1007 based on my policy.  It further says I'll get 25% of that - $90.  THATS NOT EVEN CLOSE and they are ALL like that.  Some have weird messages saying the amount may be different due to exchange rates but they are all US to US so...   Of course they aren't responding.  They did deposit one refund into my account and then promptly decided it didn't qualify (which it does) and are trying to pull it.  This is definitely NOT what they committed to.  

Exactly! frustrating! they should had not offer if they would not give what they offered because now I feel disappointed! , from 18 reservations , they send me 5 . Only one was 25% the others made no sence of what % they where giving me.

Pat-And-Pam0
Level 2
Tybee Island, GA

I just received 1 out of 14 payouts that would be eligible. 

Lucrecia2
Level 4
Guatemala

I had a strict cancelation policy , the reservation was for $2550 and I received $303.13 . Very confusing

(2550-125 cleaning)=2425

2425 x 12.5% = 303.13

Looks ok to me