quest not leaving, storing bags

Maria13874
Level 2
Tampere, Finland

quest not leaving, storing bags

Hello!

What should I do when my quest is not leaving but storing bags, not picking them up by the time agreed!

Also has my key which are hard to replicate!

Maria

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Maria13874  Message the guest, tell him that his booking is over, as is the period of time that was agreed upon to leave his luggage, move his bags to wherever you have space, and give him a short window of time to pick them up, otherwise tell him his bags will be discarded, that you are not a free luggage storage unit.

And change the locks on your door so he can't let himself back in.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Maria13874 

Is it frustrated, right?
It happens to me many times in my private studio.
The host needs to remove the guest belonging after the checkout times because the next guest may arrive after few hours.
Nevertheless, after the checkout times, the host has a right to move the guest's belonging?

We contact the guest but no response. We have no choice to move the guest belonging to the storeroom near the listing. Once the same incident happens, I move the guest stuff after the checkout times; the guest unhappy and reported to Airbnb, Airbnb blocks my listing and warns me.
I had learned from the experience. Since then, I contact Airbnb and request Airbnb to get the guest and guide me for a better solution.

To prevent the incident from happening, I remind every guest of the checkout times during the guest's stay and recommend the drop-off baggage services.

Any hotel will keep the luggage for the guest secured in the luggage room until they pick it up.
Most of the Airbnb guests expected the Airbnb accommodation similar to the hotel hospitality services.

That the reason, the guest leave the luggage in the listing after the check out times.
After check out time, the guest does not recognize; the host needs to organize the cleaning and prepare the clean environment for the next guest to check-in within a few hours.
It is essential to remind the guest of the checkout times, return the keys and never leave the belonging in the listing.

In Paris, changing the lock and calling a locksmith can cost up to 500- 1000 euro depend on the times and on the day. I do not know in Finland of the locksmith cost.
We have upgraded our door lock to a Smart lock System; the keyless system will automatically change to a different code after the checkout times. Say bye-bye to the keys.

In inevitable fact, Airbnb wouldn't support the host to charge the guest a late checkout fee through to the resolution center.