reviews after 14 days

Answered!
David23
Level 4
Jerusalem, Israel

reviews after 14 days

I hosted a guest who didn't get a chance to write a review within the 14 day normal period.

He enjoyed his stay very much and would like to write a review now that he has returned home. I know the general rule is 14 days, but there must be a way for a guest to leave positive feedback even after the 14 days, isn't there?

Seems quite arbitrary, so am hoping there is a solution. Positive guest reviews are key to my business and I would hate to miss out on this guest being able to post his feedback.

Thank you

David

1 Best Answer
Deyan32
Level 4
Liverpool, United Kingdom

This is quite an old thread but I will jump in. As a customer, I would like to leave a review when I can. Travelling the last few days can be chaotic and going back home to the daily routine can take your mind away from the task.

I think there can be a feature after 14 days either party can request for the review option to be reopened. As an example, I request to leave a review and the host has to accept, after that, I can go ahead and write my review and publish it. Or hosts requests for review as they didn't leave one and once I as the customer accept they can write it.

View Best Answer in original post

76 Replies 76

@Alon1 wrote:

flexible checkout time doesn't give an hour.  like i said most people are not sitting around watching their dashboard or checking their email 

you're still trolling 😕

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it

I complete agree with the above observation.  You do not have 14 full calendar days after the day you checkout to post your review.  The platform's implementation of review expiration does not match the "You have 14 days after checkout to write a review for a trip." language.

Also important to note: the email reminder that AirBNB sends to remind you of an expiring review, does not specify the exact time your review deadline will expire.  To guarantee your review will be accepted by the system, treat as 13 calendar days.

We experienced this problem first hand, tried to follow up internally with customer support on the 14th day, who were unable to confirm the actual implementation and could not provide an exception - so ultimately, could not provide any satisfactory remedy.

TLDR: Treat as 13 day to be safe.

Tracey233
Level 1
Hamilton, Canada

I also missed the review window and would like to leave a glowing review for my host. I don't want to feel pressured with another deadline, especially one that is connected with anotherwise lovely experience.

As well, I'm concerned this will affect my own rating as a guest. I didn't neglect to leave a review because I'm a poor guest, or because I had a bad experience, or because I just don't care. I didn't leave a review within 14 days because I'm just too busy!

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

I am surprised at the number of guests who did not leave reviews in the 14 day window claiming time problems or travelling.

It literally takes 90 seconds or less to click on the message that Airbnb sends you after your trip, and click through the review process.

You don't have to write a book, just a few lines.  It is a small courtesy and effort on the guest side but of huge importance for the host!

It really doesn't take that long.  Your host has spent time and effort making things go well for your stay surely you can spare 2 minutes on your cell phone to leave a review within 14 days?

Why not do it on departure day while you are waiting for the airplane?

Especially if you are travelling, you have lots of time sitting around in places where there is free wifi waiting for trains and planes.

I never understood this.

And if you are traveling with no internet connection?  And return home after the 14 days?

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

I would suggest that we should provide feedback for Airbnb to change their review system. Here are a few things to be changed.

(1) Overall star has no relationship with stars from each categories. Airbnb made a very small change recently to correct the issue of a all five stars in each categories but an overall star is lower than 3. But it still does not make much sense to separate the overall star completely from the stars given in each categories.

(2) Retaliation review should not be allowed or should be removed because they never show the truth

(3) Reviews for canceled trips during and after checkin date should not be allowed

(4) Reviews edit should be allowed for a period of time.

(5) 14 days of writing review period should be removed or at least increased to one month or longer.

Feedback can be given at

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Years of requests and they have done nothing. Feedback appears to be a bit of a joke,

Billy110
Level 3
Belmont, CA

The 14 day rule is really stupid. I went on a 2.5 week vacation, and I didn't have time to be writing people reviews (and didn't think I needed to). Please increase this limit!

Elena1428
Level 1
Milan, Italy

Hello,

I would like to also add that we also had a long vacation and we do not have the time to post a review.

I can also confirm that it is 13 days and not 14 days.

@Admin0  Should wake up and let us review, if not we'll simply go to OTHER mediums than community and make sure our voices get heard ; twitter, facebook etc.

I had experienced; 

1. Broken glass – he tried to clean it up (have text messages) – he wasn’t able to properly fix because he is probably too cheap to get a vacuum or even a broom.
2. Peed on beds – no protective covers

3. Smoked on beds and entire condo smelled like smoke – does not apply his rules

Has a list of noise and lawyer warnings – he probably just scares all his visitors with this list but actually too lazy to actually apply them

His full name: Sam Roozbahami

I will be taking legal action if AirBNB cannot do anything.

His Airbnb:   airbnb.ca/rooms/20792832 “LAKE VIEW 2 bedroom 2 bath BY CN TOWER Sleeps 6Broken glass.jpgScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.43.17 AM.png

Jakša1
Level 2
Split, Croatia

This should be stretched to a 30 daye period. 14 days is not enough

Amark2
Level 1
Sugar Land, TX

I have the same problem......14 days ..... it is not enough time for busy people to write review! 

I do not have time to write review these few weeks. I just wrote review this morning at 4:30am, but it was not allowed to submit. So I have requested the Airbnb help desk to help me to post my review, but she replied she could not help me to post! Time is expired. It is so sad!!! 😢😢

I will send message to the good host and tell her I am so sorry for my late review and it is not allowed to submit.🙁 Hope she can understand.

Chris11599
Level 1
Springville, NY

The 14 day period is ridiculous, especially for international travels.  So when you travel for extended period of time with very little to no internet connection, and stay at some amazing places with amazing hosts, only to return home and not be able to give them a proper positive review.  Sad.

I don't know, I can see the point about too much time too. I travel internationally and I still leave reviews when I leave.  You get internet eventually, somewhere. At a restaurant, bar, beach. I go to Italy and frequently lose internet in the mountains but when I go down into town it's back and I leave my reviews.

Gary482
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

Airbnb inquiry re length of time for submission of reviews

Hi, fellow Hosts, (we posted this comment under another related tag, then came across this one)

The problem we are experiencing with reviews is not so much the star rating, as the cut off window. We are relatively new hosts, and look forward to accumulating reviews - of any rating! What has happened twice now, is that the guests continued their trip after leaving our accommodation, and did not return to their home until AFTER the two week cut off for review submission. Certainly they could submit the review before they return home, but for whatever reason, the last thing on their minds was to write a review for Airbnb while still traveling. We sent them reminder messages through Airbnb (as does Airbnb) and to their personal email account, NEVER asking for any particular rating. No pressure,  just a very friendly reminder. Both guests were very satisfied with the accommodation, and even sent positive feed back while they were still in our unit, but by the time they returned home, and ready to concentrate on writing a review, the window had closed. When we inquired about the length of the window for submission, an Airbnb rep named Ruby told us that Airbnb wants to receive a review while the memory is still fresh in the guests memory. We are wondering if that window could be extended. 

Tuan6
Level 2
Portland, OR

Does the 14-day review period start from the check-out time?