Adding a loft space to listing

Answered!
Heidi766
Level 3
Atchison, KS

Adding a loft space to listing

We currently have a two bedroom listing that can hold four guests, and have recently added a loft above the laundry room with a twin bed.  Because the loft is not easily accessible, I am reluctant to say we can now have five guests.  I am worried that guests will not read the listing correctly and they will not see that one bed is up a steep set of stairs.  Not everyone will be able to access this new loft space - it is designed for children or people without physical limitations.  Has anyone else had experience with this?  Do I just include the pictures and keep the limit to four guests?  (I don't/won't charge for extra guests.)

1 Best Answer

Yes, the loft has been added and I have had one guest sleep there so far!  I am keeping the listing at 4 people and not adding an additional person.  I think the kids we have visit will enjoy it!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Eileen462
Level 10
San Bernardino, CA

Hello @Heidi766 , I would advertise 4 beds and an extra bed for a person with no physical limitations.  I have an extra twin bed in what used to be my dining room area in case there is an extra person or child in a family that needs a place to sleep as my couch is small.  Great post!   Eileen

Sonja475
Level 2
Ramsgate, United Kingdom

@Heidi766 l would suggest in your listing & space to mention the loft but make it very clear that it’s for children- so 4 adults and one/two children 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Heidi766 , I hope you're well 😊. I was wondering whether you added the loft space to your listing? Did you manage to come to a solution? 

Best wishes,
Sophia

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Yes, the loft has been added and I have had one guest sleep there so far!  I am keeping the listing at 4 people and not adding an additional person.  I think the kids we have visit will enjoy it!