Any Creative advice to enhance my listing?

Darrick9
Level 2
Frisco, TX

Any Creative advice to enhance my listing?

Just recently renovated a home in The Colony and added a backyard patio. The Inside space is limited and I feel like the decor inside is amazing. (I could be wrong lol). The advise I would like is primarily for the backyard.  For both properties I know there is potential yet to be untouched. Any suggestions? Thanks!

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1062316796451803645?source_impression_id=p3_1725551078_P3BbGFKGnFU_Fgh2

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1066034780238385014?source_impression_id=p3_1725551078_P3QKItW8xm-k0dS3

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 11.44.12 AM.png

(Content modified by OCM)

13 Replies 13
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Darrick9 

Your placen looks lovely.  I would say the 4.6 rating is not positive.  Since no real complaining reviews that suggests minor things but irritating enough that they dinged you  

Rich4396
Level 2
Kingsport, TN

Hey @Darrick9 , you’ve done an awesome job with the house — the finishes are beautiful and it’s clear you’ve put in a lot of hard work! One thing I’d suggest is being careful with using the term “luxury,” since people in the U.S. tend to have really high expectations when they hear that word. Maybe try something like “elegant” or “stylish” instead, so guests aren’t expecting something different. Also, the backyard could use a bit more love to match the effort you’ve put inside. Overall, you’re doing a fantastic job, and with a few tweaks, it’ll really impress your guests! Keep it up!

@Rich4396 , Thanks, I'll definitely make those changes!

Rebecca2187
Level 1
North Attleborough, MA

@Darrick9 Maybe add some more photos of the outside, I'm not getting a good idea of the space from the existing photos for 

Sam6250
Level 1
California, United States

Hi @Darrick9 

house and decoration looks great , I would remove words like luxury and prestigious.

also item 5 on additional rule . 
I ask for a review directly from guests after move out .

best of luck 

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Darrick9  😊

You’ve received amazing recommendations from Hosts: @Sam6250@Rebecca2187@Rich4396 and @Marie8425.

Do you have any follow-up questions for them? 😊

Just a tip: When replying to Hosts, you can use this method to tag them 👉 @ and their name, so they’ll notice your responses! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Nice job on all this!  For the outdoors: rugs, plants, lanterns/strings of party lights, landscape lighting and little tables can do wonders.  Don’t know what kinds of plants will hold up where you’re located but I would pay a landscaper if you can afford it or at minimum put several potted palms (or whatever) outside.  Target and Amazon both have really affordable outdoor rugs.  Amazon and IKEA also have very affordable outdoor pillows and covers.   I would also not be afraid to get some throws to be “sacrificed” for outdoor use.  These are all things I’ve put in our (personal home) back yard to make it like our own little oasis.  

Hello @Darrick9, I hope you’re doing well !

As a Pinterest enthusiast, here are some ideas that could enhance your backyard with a luxurious and elegant touch:

1. Replace the chairs with a comfortable sofa to create a cozier and more inviting look.

2. Add plants or flowers (real or artificial, depending on how much time you want to spend on maintenance) and decorative rocks to bring a sense of softness and freshness to your outdoor space.

3. Consider adding a tabletop fireplace (available for under €50 on Amazon), which will instantly make your space feel more luxurious.
  4. A large outdoor rug with subtle or geometric patterns can help define the space and add a touch of comfort and style.

5. Decorative items such as sculptures, candles, or blown glass vases can add elegant touches without overwhelming the space.

6. I noticed that you can accommodate children in your property, so why not create a small play area for them, like a mini-golf, swing, or sandbox?

I really loved the interior decor of your apartment !

I hope my suggestions will be helpful, and I can't wait to see how things turn out!

@Sarah6210 This is great! I will be looking into all of these things later today. I can't believe I didn't think of these before. Thanks!

Romina242
Level 3
Fairbanks, AK

@Darrick9  Your place looks amazing! Great pictures, I personally would love to see more pictures of the backyard and exterior. 

Sarah6114
Level 1
San Juan Capistrano, CA

@Darrick9 Hey Darrick! Overall beautiful listing! You did a GREAT job with the color pops to really draw the eye in and make it look chic. The exterior like you said is where it's a bit lack luster. I would add some artificial plants out there or something to add a pop of color. Maybe some outdoor games like corn hole or a hammock so that you can fill the dead space & add some amenities to the home. You could get both those items & some minor outdoor decor for under $200 so I highly recommend this investment :)! Best wishes!!! - Sarah & Nic 

Raluca54
Level 2
Myrtle Beach, SC

Hello Darrick ! 
Your properties look amazing. Wonderful job. I would definitely invest in the property’s backyards . It looks like you have groups that come with children and because of that maybe some games for kids and parents would seem like a good idea( like a ring toss or bocce ball )  Also a grill ( everyone loves s’mores) . Maybe  little more light fixtures and some comfy chairs around the fire. 
I’m sure you thought about this already and some reassurance is always good. 

Sally456
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Hi Darrick9,

I appreciate the opportunity to comment on your listing! For the first one I believe the space looks awesome, very clean and spacious. Very white! Perhaps a few more colourful throw rugs or larger paintings on the walls would bring a more “warm” feeling. The outside would be beautiful with some plants? Trees? Not sure what is in your area , I am in Canada where greenery abounds!

The second listing is also beautiful! Again, perhaps add some colour with rugs or even in the bathroom some beautifully coloured towels. Even soft pastels would add to ambiance. And outside, plants, trees.

However in all honesty I think both properties are quite lovely. One review mentioned “value”, are you over pricing or within the same area as other Airbnbs in your area?

Using  the title “luxury” may imply more to some guests ( everyone’s interpretation will be different). When I look at your photos I see “spaciousness, quality, style, beautiful detail, and upscale”. Just a suggestion!

Overall, well done!