Any Creative advice to enhance my listing?

Darrick9
Level 3
Frisco, TX

Any Creative advice to enhance my listing?

Just recently renovated a home in The Colony and added a backyard patio. The Inside space is limited and I feel like the decor inside is amazing. (I could be wrong lol). The advise I would like is primarily for the backyard.  For both properties I know there is potential yet to be untouched. Any suggestions? Thanks!

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1062316796451803645?source_impression_id=p3_1725551078_P3BbGFKGnFU_Fgh2

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1066034780238385014?source_impression_id=p3_1725551078_P3QKItW8xm-k0dS3

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 11.44.12 AM.png

(Content modified by OCM)

21 Replies 21
Sally456
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Hi @Darrick9 

I appreciate the opportunity to comment on your listing! For the first one I believe the space looks awesome, very clean and spacious. Very white! Perhaps a few more colourful throw rugs or larger paintings on the walls would bring a more “warm” feeling. The outside would be beautiful with some plants? Trees? Not sure what is in your area , I am in Canada where greenery abounds!

The second listing is also beautiful! Again, perhaps add some colour with rugs or even in the bathroom some beautifully coloured towels. Even soft pastels would add to ambiance. And outside, plants, trees.

However in all honesty I think both properties are quite lovely. One review mentioned “value”, are you over pricing or within the same area as other Airbnbs in your area?

Using  the title “luxury” may imply more to some guests ( everyone’s interpretation will be different). When I look at your photos I see “spaciousness, quality, style, beautiful detail, and upscale”. Just a suggestion!

Overall, well done!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Sally456 ! I tagged Darrick in your comment so he’ll see it. Just type "@" followed by his username to make sure he gets a notification. 😊

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback and suggestions! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Pilar631
Level 5
Oregon House, CA

Hello @Darrick9,

Your houses both are very nice and very American: Spacious and modern.  Something I do as host is to design having my “client” in mind.  There is a particular client that will be attracted to book your place.  I recommend you to check who are your clients, study what are their interests, fears, likes, etc and from that point of view develop the personality of your listing decoration and description.  By doing this you will imprint more character to both places.  Again they both are great but in my perception they both will profit from giving that uniqueness of a personality. The beauty of booking an Airbnb is that you enter a home: is not a hotel, elegant, luxurious maybe but cold and uniform, an Airbnb home offers something ways more alive and charming.  Hope this helps. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Pilar631, Thanks for the great advice! I've added a tag with Darrik's name to your comment to make sure she sees it. To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu. This way, they will receive a notification.

I noticed one of your listings is called "Family Haven ECO & Child Proof"—that’s very specific to certain family needs! Are all your properties family-focused? I’d love to learn how you researched and developed the style of your listings.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Quincy, 

thank you for checking one of my listings,  the “Luminous Family haven, ECO and child proof”. That listing was design having in mind a small family with two kids and a maybe a pet.  Lima is visited by tourists in their way to Cusco most times but there is also a lot of Peruvians from other cities visiting Lima for work or other reasons.  For this specific listing I bet for families.  We child proofed the space. We also created a theme room for the kids: “out of space”where all decor invite kids to look at the stars and planets.  Even the toys and story books as well as the forks, plates, and cups follow the same theme.  Airbnb embraces kids in our listing and make the little ones feel that they can give us five stars too!!
We have two other luminous listings but those were design for a single traveler or for a couple.  They offer a working station with high speed internet and  a full equipped kitchen for digital nomads to work and enjoy a stay. I studied the possible clients, studied their demographics features and design the space with that in mind. We keep adding ECO features to keep inspiring the care for our planet.  We practice sustainable hosting as much as possible and is always a path to walk and never a finished aim. To add my personal values add motivation to this small family business makes hosting a more socially responsible activity and a more rewarding one.

Ruoyu3
Level 2
Linköping, Sweden

Hi Darrick.

Your place looks terrific. Regarding to the design tips, I think you have already done very good. If I hosted the buildings, I might have uploaded some close-up photos on the paintings you have or small home decor articles for examble green plants in a nice-looking vase. This is to create a feeling that you have a personal touch to the rooms; you love these places; you create these places for people who look for a cozy home feeling instead of for making money.   

Another tips might be good to know, guests from Scandinavian don't enjoy the lights coming above from the head. They also use spotlights but they much more prefer a desk light or a candle light. I suppose all guests from Europe are much or less like this; but if guests come from Asia, they will not mind. 

thank you for sharing your link. 😄

Best regards,

Ruoyu Li

Frederick153
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

Hi Darrick,

You’ve created a fantastic space with your recent renovations! If you’re finding that reviews aren’t reflecting the quality of your property as much as you’d like, it could be due to guests not fully understanding or appreciating all the features you offer.

One thing that can really help is a well-organized welcome book. It’s a great way to ensure guests are aware of everything your property has to offer, including your new backyard patio. A well-crafted welcome book can make a big difference in how guests experience your home and often leads to more positive reviews.

If you’re interested, I offer customizable welcome book templates that can help you highlight your property’s best features and improve guest satisfaction. Feel free to reach out if you’d like more details!