Bedding blankets

Mike2542
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Bedding blankets

Just wondering if people wash the blankets (or duvet covers) every cleaning, or just the sheets?

4 Replies 4
Elena4354
Level 2
Porto, Portugal

Hello @Mike2542 , we definitely wash all bed linens every cleaning (bed sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases). 

Kind regards.

Elena.

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Mike2542 

In my area we tend to use duvet covers - these are absolutely washed at every change-over, along with all the other linens.

Interestingly, I noticed that in parts of the US there is a tendency to use "comforters" which have a warm inner, but the cover is not removable (??). I don't see how one could possibly not wash these after each guest, but I find it strange that one would sign up to wash (and dry!) such a huge bulky thing so frequently. So personally I'm still confused about how comforters with non-removable covers work in an Airbnb (perhaps someone can explain), but that's not really your question! Yes, wash it all every time. 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Mike2542  Wash everything!!!! Think of how you would feel if you stayed somewhere and you had clean sheets (hopefully) but the blankets and bedspread had been used by someone else. Because that's how it is when you don't wash everything. 

You can buy your bed linens knowing that you need to do this. I use all cotton bedding, and have found bedspreads and even a comforter that I can fit in my front load washer, and I do wash everything in between guests. It's an absolute must. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mike2542 If you are not washing everything then you are not complying with the Airbnb requirements emphasised due to Covid. I fail to see how those people with hundreds of pillows on the beds and/or comforters can do this so would never book one of these listings.