Can guests look after pets?

Answered!
Anchal13
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Can guests look after pets?

Hi all, I have 5 cats and was wondering if I could advertise my house as a place for cat lovers? Where they would feed the cats once a day (dry food always available). 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't trust strangers to feed my pets @Anchal13 

There will be some cat lovers that will be happy with this idea who will be prepared to be tied to being at your home at certain times so they can feed your cats.

But I think many more would be put off by the idea of having to feed the hosts  five cats.

After all they are paying to stay somewhere so they can enjoy a holiday/come for business/an event etc.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Michelle378
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Good question, is it not up to you and the guest to decide?  I love cats and would be happy to do that, also I have two cats of my home and would be up for swapping with other hosts…

Thanks, I’d probably put it in the title of the listing, make sure they know what’s waiting for them! Haha! Thank you for your reply. House swapping sounds great too! 
ive just started the process so hopefully for the summer the house will be air bnb like…aka like a hotel! With 5 cats! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't trust strangers to feed my pets @Anchal13 

There will be some cat lovers that will be happy with this idea who will be prepared to be tied to being at your home at certain times so they can feed your cats.

But I think many more would be put off by the idea of having to feed the hosts  five cats.

After all they are paying to stay somewhere so they can enjoy a holiday/come for business/an event etc.

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Hello Anchal, 

You may have a good idea, for cat lovers only. This could limit your amount of reservations?
I would get cameras on the cat food area so you can monitor if your guests are feeding and filling up their water bowls. 
Do you let your cats outside? 
If you don’t, the guests could let them out? This could be fun, a lot to think about!!