Cancellations and construction

Answered!
Harry477
Level 1
Erie, PA

Cancellations and construction

I had contractor come out and we are redoing the decking around our cottage.  The work has to be completed before by Memorial Day. No construction after Memorial Day those are the rules of the association.  The contractor will start the project next spring. I have someone booked in April of 2024 but that is when we want to get the work done.  Will cancelling that far out hurt my hosting status?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Harry477 The simple answer is yes it will hurt you. You will get fined, the dates will be blocked and a review will be posted saying 'host cancelled the stay XX days prior' or some such words.

It would be far better if you could message the guest and see if they would be willing to move the reservation. Alternatively, if the place would be habitable, you could offer a big discount for putting up with the work.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Harry477 The simple answer is yes it will hurt you. You will get fined, the dates will be blocked and a review will be posted saying 'host cancelled the stay XX days prior' or some such words.

It would be far better if you could message the guest and see if they would be willing to move the reservation. Alternatively, if the place would be habitable, you could offer a big discount for putting up with the work.

@Mike-And-Jane0 It is mostly exterior work.  So they can stay, it will just be a annoyance.  I gave them the heads up.  I also said that we can move them ar a discount if they wanted.  It is my 1st year and was not expecting someone to book that far out.