Code door entry

Code door entry

I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations on a code deadbolt for the entry door? I have two separate listing's for the same space (airbnb rooms) and I'm wanting a deadbolt lock that will interface with the app and change the code automatically. 

1 Reply 1

Hi @Andrea7943 

For managing two separate Airbnb listings for the same space with automated, app-controlled code deadbolts, there are several smart lock options that would meet your needs. Many hosts prefer locks that can integrate seamlessly with Airbnb, allowing codes to be set and reset automatically for each new booking. Here are a few recommendations:

1. August Smart Locks: August offers smart locks that work well with Airbnb. When you connect your Airbnb account to your August account, the system can automatically generate entry codes for guests. These codes can be set to activate at check-in and deactivate at check-out, enhancing security for each guest stay.

2. Schlage Encode: This smart WiFi deadbolt allows you to manage access from anywhere, without the need for additional accessories. It’s compatible with Airbnb and can create up to 100 access codes at a time, which can be customized for duration and usage, making it ideal for hosts managing multiple guests.

3. Yale Assure Lock: The Yale Assure series offers models that integrate directly with Airbnb, providing automatic generation of unique codes for guests. This functionality can be particularly useful for hosts looking to streamline their check-in process and enhance guest convenience.

4. Igloohome Smart Locks: Igloohome locks are notable for not requiring WiFi to function. They use technology that allows the generation of PIN codes that are time-sensitive, which you can give to your guests. The integration with Airbnb helps automate this process, making it less hands-on for you.

When selecting a smart lock, consider the ease of installation, the reliability of the connection (whether it requires WiFi or Bluetooth), the battery life, and how well it integrates with Airbnb or other property management systems you might use. These features will ensure not only security but also a smooth and convenient experience for both you and your guests.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish management