Design Tips

Answered!
Kyara5
Level 6
St. Louis, MO

Design Tips

Hi! I am a new host. I wanted to get some design tips ideas. Thanks! 

1 Best Answer
Patti272
Level 3
Aledo, IL

Hi Kyara! I think your space is sunny and inviting, but there are a few things I would add/change. And I'm no expert, so take my tips or leave them - no worries! 
1. Almost everything hung on walls is hung several inches too high and I would probably have more on the walls - maybe incorporate some vinyl expressions? They are pretty and they don't get dusty! lol

2. It seems like the windows need some valances that aren't too "loud". Maybe browns to match some of the wood tones?

3. You need something over the desk - maybe a world map or a mirror? And a bookcase for that room would look nice.  Maybe with vintage books on the shelves or other knick-knacks in complementary colors? Or a mix of both!

4. Some matching blue accents in the bedroom on the nightstand or vases of artificial flowers - just so that colors pops more throughout the room.

It looks very clean and like a nice place to stay! Best of luck to you!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Patti272
Level 3
Aledo, IL

Hi Kyara! I think your space is sunny and inviting, but there are a few things I would add/change. And I'm no expert, so take my tips or leave them - no worries! 
1. Almost everything hung on walls is hung several inches too high and I would probably have more on the walls - maybe incorporate some vinyl expressions? They are pretty and they don't get dusty! lol

2. It seems like the windows need some valances that aren't too "loud". Maybe browns to match some of the wood tones?

3. You need something over the desk - maybe a world map or a mirror? And a bookcase for that room would look nice.  Maybe with vintage books on the shelves or other knick-knacks in complementary colors? Or a mix of both!

4. Some matching blue accents in the bedroom on the nightstand or vases of artificial flowers - just so that colors pops more throughout the room.

It looks very clean and like a nice place to stay! Best of luck to you!

@Patti272  Thank you so much! I appreciate everything you mentioned. I will re doctorate and add your thoughts. Thank you so much 😊 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Kyara5 your place is really nice and I agree with @Patti272 about pictures being too high. When you’re standing, they should be at eye level. 

Thank you @Gwen386 😊