Do you have an inventory of the supplies for your accommodation?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you have an inventory of the supplies for your accommodation?

Inventory.jpeg

Hello everyone 😊

Successfully managing an Airbnb certainly requires a lot of preparation. One of the challenges Hosts often face is managing the physical inventory of the property—such as tracking the number of utensils, sheets, towels, tables, and more.

Keeping a detailed inventory helps ensure that all items are in their proper place, simplifies the check-in and check-out process, and makes cleaning more efficient by clearly knowing what the property has and what it might be missing.

Do you keep an inventory for your property? Which items are most frequently missing when you check your inventory?

I look forward to reading your comments!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

21 Replies 21
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mark5677, That’s great! What format do you use?

Would you be willing to share your template?

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Bonjour,

Nous avons un inventaire, mais nous ne l'utilisons jamais avec les locataires qui sont tous très attentionnés.

Je vous informe également que nous comptons interrompre cette activité et la mise en location de notre gîte à compter du 1er septembre 2024.

Cordialement.

------------------

Hello,

We have an inventory, but we never use it with the tenants who are all very attentive.

I also inform you that we intend to stop this activity and the rental of our cottage from September 1, 2024.

Best regards.

[Google translation added by Community Manager]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thanks for sharing this @Marie-Ange65 

-----

Chris19307
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

I have invested in high-quality furniture and the kitchen but do not keep an inventory.

I have considered keeping one for AirCover in case of an extreme event.

But in their daily work, the cleaners don't have the time or the eye to check all the inventory.

And even if something was damaged, broken, or missing, What do I do? 

1. How do you want to prove it was the last guest? 
  2. If you try charging guests, will you get slammed in the review? 
  3. Is it worth it? 

So far, I can report frequent minor damages, such as broken glass, dirty towels, and carpet stains.

Once the freezer was damaged - but fixable. 

I am interested in the experience of others. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Chris19307, great questions.

I’m tagging a few of our experienced Hosts here to see if they’d like to share their opinions on your questions.: @Guy991@Shelley159@Elena4354 and @Dee32 

Regards,

-----

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Chris19307 

It looks like my approach is in line with yours. I also don't have a formal inventory (outside of my head), and when I notice something missing or broken, I just replace it. In my experience such issues are also usually minor.

Nathan3900
Level 1
Da Nang, Vietnam

I usually have a cabinet to store all the items like towels, blankets, sheets, pillowcases, etc., locked carefully and a note "do not open" stuck on the cabinet, and I put other amenities in another cabinet and guests can use them if they want.