Do you have any decor tips for special holidays?

Johanna652
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

Do you have any decor tips for special holidays?

Hello, I'm Johanna. Looking for special holiday tips by month or holiday. Any ideas for November,  December and Februrary? I would like to keep it general. 

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

16 Replies 16
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi Johanna!

I have been off on vacation for the past week and just getting to my emails.

In reading the responses I'm the have a different perspective.

Great question! I personally LOVE decorating for the holidays though I meet more and more people that say they just see it too much!

I see I live about 1 hour from you and in our big box stores just 3 weeks ago Christmas decorations were starting to accumulate up on store shelves!!! UGH!

I do not decorate for the seasons with the exception of the front door, and that is a wreath or some type of decoration for the 4 seasons, possibly as I have hung just a pretty 'Welcome' accent piece.

I have had several comments in my guest book appreciating that my place looks like my pictures and that includes not having it decorated. I had a guest who was very appreciative of that during the Valentine season. My personal take on it was to be completely neutral as not everyone gets into the Holiday vibe. If you go to a hotel the lobby my be decorated but the actual room you rent does not.

Don't want to sound like a Grinch but I am firm of not pushing any on my favorite holidays agendas of any form. With that said in talking to my guests they seem to appreciate it more than disapprove.

Hello Betty, thank you for your response.